Need a plan to use my home weight system

Options
I've been losing weight since October and have been mostly walking as my main form of exercise. Just recently I've started a C25K program as well. I've done some strength training, but not as regularly as I should. I've lost 50 pounds and have really hit a plateau, possibly because of a hormone based medication I need to be on, so I really want to focus on bettering my plan, including regular weight training. I have an older home weight system, Hoist H100, (this link shows some of the exercises to give you an idea of the machine: http://s23.postimg.org/glbobdeff/Hoist3.jpg), I also have a barbell and hand weights, but no bench or rack, and no room for either. I want to have a good program and not just do exercises randomly and I know there are areas probably am missing. The books I've looked at all refer to free weights which makes those programs hard to follow. Any suggestions of resources I could use or plans to follow? This is all very new to me and I want to get started, but do things right.
Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Try googling weight training plans for machines or something like that. Yes, most of the plans I've seen recommended around here use free weights instead of weight machines. Mostly because free weights are more versatile & force your body to work harder than the super controlled weight machines.

You could also try modifying a free weight plan to your machine. It says bench press, you do chest press. It says squats, you do leg press.