Loosing weight? Take photos or measurements

Options
Guys starting out, please take two minutes to read this.

I've recently lost about 20 pounds. I was never that big to begin with but it was mainly around my gut. Even now with a 6 pack slowly forming I keep looking down and thinking, God I'm fat.

This honestly could have broke me on 2 or 3 occasions ( read 30+) and resulted in me giving up. I never took any photos but luckily I took measurements.

I was embarrassed to record them at first, and didn't until I lost an inch, but when I look down and see fat, I know I've lost 4 hard fought inches around my stomach. This inspires me to keep going and not give in.

Weight is very personal: you do not always see the person that others see. Let's be honest your likely to be your own worst critic. Before you start your weight loss journey makes sure you have some ammunition to show your self when the scales aren't moving or you hit a rough patch.

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    (And girls!) :)
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes I was quite embarrassed to take pictures of my pudgy self when I started but then 50 pounds later when I took my first progress picture it felt so good to put them side by side.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had a few false starts so have way too many "before" photos of me in bikinis. This time though my "before" photo is a size I've got no intention of getting back to. Only half a stone down but will take a monthly photo as well as the weighing and measuring!