"Healthified" Chicken Marbella - delicious!

gerrielips
gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2012/10/paleo-chicken-marbella-healthified.html

Savory Chicken Marbella - Healthified
Author: Tessa the Domestic Diva
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Serves: 6-8

Ingredients

4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces, with skin ( I used over 4 pounds to include drumsticks, thighs and 2 chicken breasts that I cut in half)
¼ cup red wine vinegar (I used a little more because of the extra chicken- not much)
¼ cup olive oil (I used a little more because of the extra chicken- not much)
7 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons sea salt
⅓ cup halved or quartered prunes (I used a little more because of the extra chicken- not much)
¼ cup capers w/ juice
8 green olives - halved (optional) (I used a little more because of the extra chicken- not much)
2 bay leaves

(The recipe didn't call for it, but I also used about a tablespoon of smoked paprika which is definitely optional)
Instructions

In a blender, puree red wine vinegar through the sea salt until the garlic is smooth.
Pour into a container large enough to hold all your chicken pieces (a Ziploc bag would work too).
Add the remaining ingredients and mix to blend marinade ingredients.
Add your chicken pieces, and make sure all pieces are evenly coated and touched by the goodness!
Place in the fridge and marinate 24 HOURS!! No, a couple of hours is not the same, so RESIST!
When you are ready to cook, remove the pieces and place them in a large roasting pan with all the marinade.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Roast the chicken for 45-60 minutes until well cooked and the the skin in golden brown and crispy.

Notes
PLAN FOR MARINATE TIME!! (I didn't, but it was still tasty and even better the 2nd day)
(Take a look at the original Chicken Marbella recipe from Silver Palate to get an idea of how slimmed down this recipe is.)