Using a cleanse to get started

Options

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Aw, I feel like you're getting a bit of a hard time here. A cleanse can be a good way for you to adjust your mindset even if it doesn't strictly 'cleanse' your body. Sometimes they can kickstart your metabolism but that's mostly due to calorie deficit. Any weight you lose in the first week is likely to be water at this stage. If you're just starting out then the best thing is to look at your diet and make sure you are eating a deficit of calories - and start exercising. Good luck with it all, you'll do great!

OP. You do what it takes to get you started.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_nr6qlfCWuT1qk5mjo_500.gif
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you "cleansing" and why aren't you in a hospital?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Aw, I feel like you're getting a bit of a hard time here. A cleanse can be a good way for you to adjust your mindset even if it doesn't strictly 'cleanse' your body. Sometimes they can kickstart your metabolism but that's mostly due to calorie deficit. Any weight you lose in the first week is likely to be water at this stage. If you're just starting out then the best thing is to look at your diet and make sure you are eating a deficit of calories - and start exercising. Good luck with it all, you'll do great!

OP. You do what it takes to get you started.

not very good advice IMO
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are fake. Sorry. Your liver filters out toxins from your blood.

Better to just get started with eating at a calorie deficit. Start finding foods you enjoy that fit into your calories, and start some exercise that feels good to you. That will make a good start!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I ate to much sugar free candy on Saturday. Tremendous cleansing occurred.

It did not help with my weight loss; I've had better luck with logging accurately and sticking with my calorie goal to achieve my loss.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I ate to much sugar free candy on Saturday. Tremendous cleansing occurred.

It did not help with my weight loss; I've had better luck with logging accurately and sticking with my calorie goal to achieve my loss.

Sugar free gummy bears perhaps??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am Tef. I have along way to go. I am 253 and 5'6. I am a female. My goal is to get to 170.

To jumpstart my life change, I am using a 7 day detox cleanse. I have decided to not eat meat this week during my cleanse. I am taking in a lot of water and eating fruits, veggies, protein drinks and nuts. I am hoping that this will help to expel my waste weight. Waste weight can account for about up 20 lbs of my overall weight. This can help release toxins. After the first week, I will bed in a mild excercise regiment that will consist of mostly walking.

What are some methods that you use?
    9er fan here and can tell you as a professional in the fitness industry, that you DON'T need a cleanse. Whatever info you're getting from this seller of this cleanse, is NOT SUPPORTED by science.
    Just start eating less and you need. That's basically it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    But it DOESN'T kickstart your metabolism. Any calorie deficit automatically reduces metabolism.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    No. "Cleanses" are total bunk. Your body doesn't hold on to waste. There is not 20 pounds of fecal matter stored in your colon. Your digestive system doesn't work like that and you risk doing more harm than good by using these things.

Not advocating the cleanse, but Elvis had about 30 pounds of feces in his impacted colon when he died. Perhaps the OP too, suffers from chronic constipation. :)
    Then a gastroentrologist should be seen and not a sales person of cleanses.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You're not a motorcycle. No kickstarting required.

And if your liver and kidneys aren't doing the job, you need a hospital, not a 'cleanse.' :)
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am taking in a lot of water and eating fruits, veggies, and nuts.

I am as big as you, almost same weight, same height. I've been taking in and eating more water, fruits, veggies, and nuts for 10 days and only lost 4 lbs lmao. Maybe I didn't lose 20 lbs because I can't give up that pesky meat. Do you really think that will make you lose 20 lbs? lmao
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    While "cleanse" and "detox" is a sign that you've ingested much woo, you'll be better once you read and comprehend the links diannethegeek gave you. Welcome and enjoy healthy living.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I think you would be better of doing a colonic than a detox honestly lol.
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Meh, the poster is just trying to ruffle feathers -- or sell something -- and disguise it as "ooooh what do YOU do for weight loss?"
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    A cleanse will just make you lose a lot of water weight and set you up for disappointment when all of it comes right back. There is nothing a cleanse does that your body doesn't do naturally on it's own without causing you all kinds of discomfort.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I like a good cleanse. That's why I eat a ton of veggies and then drink strong coffee in the morning. :smiley: