S.O.S

Options
Okay so my streak is roughly 200 days so I've been trying to lose weight for a while. I have Crohn's disease and take azathioprine but that is all. I'm currently 9st 7ib and I want to lose a stone but I'm only putting weight on!
My daily food diet is:

Breakfast - banana, pink lady Apple, 50g strawberry yoghurt

Lunch - bagel thin with Philadelphia (not caked on) or no sandwich at all, carrot sticks, strawberrys (3 times a week max)

Dinner - sweet potato fries/wedges, jacket potato, boiled potatoes with chicken (no skin), occasionally sausages (once every couple of weeks) or fish fingers

Snacks include - sugar free strawberry jelly, hazelnuts dipped in sugar free dark chocolate

I exercise on a stationary bike 4 times a week for unto an hour at good pass burning 400 calories a go and I'm joining the gym next week to go 3 times a week since I'll have some time on my hands.
Why am I not losing even a pound?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Because you are not in a deficit? Do you use a food scale to weigh all solids? Do you pick the right food items from the database? Your calorie burns maybe overstated.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything on a food scale? My guess is no and therefore you are overestimating how many calories you are eating.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you consume each day?
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you use the nutrition counter on the site? Your food list does seem a little light on protein and healthy fats. Do some strength training with your cardio. Best of luck to you.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    133 pounds. Are you within healthy BMI?
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Height? "Fish Fingers" - breaded? fried? baked? Just lots of missing information before we can make suggestions. Overall sounds pretty good but not enough data to help. Portions?
  • em0spa0
    em0spa0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Are you weighing everything on a food scale? My guess is no and therefore you are overestimating how many calories you are eating.
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Because you are not in a deficit? Do you use a food scale to weigh all solids? Do you pick the right food items from the database? Your calorie burns maybe overstated.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1
    1shedev wrote: »
    Do you use the nutrition counter on the site? Your food list does seem a little light on protein and healthy fats. Do some strength training with your cardio. Best of luck to you.

To answer your questions:

Yes I use kitchen scales which are non electric so there are no wrong outputs. My calorie burns are measured through the bike based on speed, time and pase mixed with data from a sport watch. And as far as the fish fingers go well yes they're breaded but 4 baked maximum twice a week. Not a fan of fish but I've got to get the vitamins in some way even if it's small amounts for now. My height is 1.56m.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, maybe we can spot something you may have overlooked.