30 day challenge

Options
EmilyHughes801
EmilyHughes801 Posts: 63 Member
Looking for someone to do a health challenge with me. For the next 30 days I have to give up foods people say. My graduation party is June 11 so I'm starting this challenge after it. I weigh 145 and am 5 foot 2 inches. I'm hoping to lose 10-15 pounds by the end of summer. I don't drink pop at all so don't bother saying that. I have Chinese food about once a week (love it), eat lots of cold stuff (slurpees, ice cream, etc.) due to summer, I also love muffins but I make healthier homemade ones, I'm not a cake fan but will eat it if it is around, ask any questions. And feel free to join this challenge with me. In need of morivation

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Your challenge is to give up foods people here say to give up? What if I say carbs, the next poster says fats, the next says protein, and the next says alcohol?

I don't understand why you would want to surrender your power to random strangers online.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Alright then. I dare you to give up everything but eggplant. God, I hate eggplant. Wouldn't mind at all if you'd eat all the world's supply of it.

But seriously, what are you thinking? Yikes.
  • EmilyHughes801
    EmilyHughes801 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I give up one food people say. I won't accept a food category in general. It would have to be one specific food.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That is so silly. Just eat whatever you want. Get a variety of veggies, fruits, proteins, fats, and grains for the sake of nutrition and satiety. Lots of Chinese meals fit all of those categories just fine. Eat chocolate and cake and ice cream everyday if you want. Just stick to a reasonable calorie goal and use a food scale to ensure your portions are accurate.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    That is so silly. Just eat whatever you want. Get a variety of veggies, fruits, proteins, fats, and grains for the sake of nutrition and satiety. Lots of Chinese meals fit all of those categories just fine. Eat chocolate and cake and ice cream everyday if you want. Just stick to a reasonable calorie goal and use a food scale to ensure your portions are accurate.
    I agree. It's not necessary to give up foods (unless you have a medical condition where you have to) for weight loss. :neutral: Weight loss is all about calories.

I haven't given up any foods and have lost over 80lbs.