2»

Replies

• Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    babyxfangs wrote: »
    I have always wanted to cosplay, but didn't want to look like the fat version of whatever I was cosplaying as :frowning: . I dressed up as punk rock sailor moon once, but would like to get fit enough to actually fit into premade pieces as well.

Punk rock sailor moon sounds amazing! I always wanted to do sailor Pluto ha! Premade uniform for sailor moon always end up so dang cute

Perhaps I should start with something that doesn't involve a short skirt.

What about Tracer ;)

Hmm, good suggestion. Are there any established methods for getting started in Cosplay?

I started by making a costume and going to a con. Once I met some others, I got better at making costumes, went to more cons, and the cycle continues.

Ok cool, btw what was your first cosplay costume? I am trying to think of a good one.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    My first was Claus from Last Exile (anime), I've since done other anime outfits, right now I'm working my way through DC villains, Bane is next. I've also been working on a movie accurate Boba Fett Suit for 4 years now... toughest costume I've worked on thus far and I might never finish, although I'd sure like to join the 501st
  • Mike02209
    Options
    babyxfangs wrote: »
    I have always wanted to cosplay, but didn't want to look like the fat version of whatever I was cosplaying as :frowning: . I dressed up as punk rock sailor moon once, but would like to get fit enough to actually fit into premade pieces as well.

Punk rock sailor moon sounds amazing! I always wanted to do sailor Pluto ha! Premade uniform for sailor moon always end up so dang cute

Perhaps I should start with something that doesn't involve a short skirt.

What about Tracer ;)

I like it, but I assume that will be a very popular costume. Is it wiser to choose a lesser known outfit?
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    _Just_Ash_ wrote: »

These were my cosplay efforts a few years ago at MCM London. Can't wait to get dressed up again as Maul next month at Star Wars Celebration.

Super awesome!

I have so many I would like to do, but I'm such a stickler for accuracy. Trying to figure out what I could possibly come up with or fit into by NYCC in October.

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cool! Cosplay has always been my #1 reason for stay fit. Unfortunately I've been wearing flowy stuff the past three years so I've allowed myself to stay squishy.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    One of my goals (once I'm lean enough) is a Punisher outfit. I have the coat, once I'm down to a credible size I will go for the weapons, belts etc. I'm leaning towards the Garth Ennis era.
    I've been told I look mean so I'm part of the way there!
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to cosplay as Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica! As someone said above, I stopped because I didn't want to be cosplaying as "Fat Starbuck." But I'm excited to get back into it as I lose weight!
  • Mike02209
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Samanthor wrote: »
    I used to cosplay as Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica! As someone said above, I stopped because I didn't want to be cosplaying as "Fat Starbuck." But I'm excited to get back into it as I lose weight!

I know what you mean, I feel the same way. looking forward to being confident enough to do it. First I have to think of one. then prepare, both myself and the costume.
  • Juandedios0909
    Juandedios0909 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm acatually staying in shape for a cosplay I'm gonna do in August x)
  • Mike02209
    Options
    I'm acatually staying in shape for a cosplay I'm gonna do in August x)

Nice, what are you going to be?
  • Juandedios0909
    Juandedios0909 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Grey fullbuster from fairy tail on his demon slayer magic form
  • kazmo317
    kazmo317 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer myself. Off to the Birmingham nec for egx in september. This year and first time ever I have decided to cosplay as harley quinn. So nervous about doing it now though lol.