MFP + Bodymedia + Runkeeper + Garmin

Options
ny2ks
ny2ks Posts: 5 Member
I have read through various threads but I am still confused. I use MFP, and the Bodymedia Link armband...and also the Runkeeper App on my phone and a Garmin FR60 with heart rate monitor and footpad. I have the BodyMedia linked to MFP, but I am unsure if I should be linking Runkeeper to my Bodymedia activity manager (which is linked to MFP) or both Bodymedia and Runkeeper to MFP (whew) I know it seems like a bit of overkill, but each supplies me with different data. Right now I am getting "double" reporting in MFP and I have to manually delete one each time I run. Any brave souls out there want to help me sort this mess out? I won't even throw in the Zombies, Run! 5K app I have linked to Runkeeper...yet ;)

Replies

• thesglife
    thesglife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. I went for a run today while wearing my Bodymedia Fit and using RunKeeper Pro. RunKeeper syncs to MyFitnessPal and my Bodymedia Fit syncs to MyFitnessPal. Since Bodymedia tends to be more accurate should I stop RunKeeper from syncing with MyFitnessPal? MyFitnessPal is also set for negative adjustments.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing the bodymedia during your runs, ditch the runkeeper to mfp link. The calorie info is coming from bodymedia. I still log the minutes of activity so I can record what I actually consider exercise vs just "activity", but that's not necessary.

Linking bodymedia to runkeeper only posts all your food/step/sleep & weight data to your runkeeper newsfeed. It's not really "doing" anything, other than potentially annoying your runkeeper friends who probably don't care how long you slept, how many steps you took and how many calories you had for a snack.

So, link your bodymedia and mfp. Drop the runkeeper and mfp link. And the runkeeper to bodymedia link doesn't do much for you, unless you have an "elite" subscription and you want to go look at the runkeeper charts for sleep and stuff (although the bodymedia data seems more than adequate), and you (and your runkeeper friends) don't mind a blow by blow of your day in your (and their) runkeeper newsfeed.

ETA-use the garmin for your own info. I use mine as another GPS check, I use the fancy training stuff and I monitor HR for fitness and training purposes (not calorie burn). If there's another gadget I could buy, please let me know ????
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What if you're not wearing the bodymedia while running...relying on runkeeper. It should sync with MFP and bodymedia, shouldn't it? Mine isn't. I'm so confused and can't get any answers. Frustrating...running for 2plus hours and not having it actually recording anywhere(I've been manually entering into the "off-body" time...