Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »
    Soy? If you are a menopausal woman.

Sorry that stuff is utter crap. I do not care what report from the breast cancer research center came out. Soy in any form sucks.

phytoestrogens suck.
    You would happen to have any citations for this nonsense, would you? Didn't think so.

Home made almond milk made with fresh almonds and a cheese cloth. Unpasturized farm milk. Those are good. Otherwise cows milk is for baby cows. I am not a cow.
    Based on your flawed logic you should not drink almond milk because you are not a baby almond. Unpasteurized milk? Definitely not a good idea. http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/a-raw-milk-fiasco/

I drink it all the time. Just sayin.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    unsweetened cashew milk <3
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like unsweetened soy milk. Creamy, no added sugar and lots of protein and healthy fat. I buy Silk or Trader Joe's.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like all plant milks, but I drink the soy kind mainly because it's the cheapest where I live. (Usually over a $1 price difference) I think the unsweetened ones taste the most like regular milk.

Taste-wise my favorites are almond milk, cashew milk and coconut milk. I don't care about the protein counts, but these yummy ones are a bit too expensive to be drinking daily.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened soy milk in cooking/oatmeal/tea/etc. I don't like the taste of it plain but if it's in things then it's fine and has less calories than the sweetened stuff. If I want to drink a glass of something, I really like the light chocolate soy milk that silk makes. I haven't had it in a while, but if I remember right its 90 calories for 8 oz, so it's good for a chocolate fix :)

Soy is fine for anyone without an allergy or intolerance. I'm lactose intolerant so I stay away from anything with lactose in it - soy is awesome for me :smiley:
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    unsweetened cashew milk <3

Yessss :heart:

Have you tried the chocolate cashew milk? So amazing... :love: