Any opinions about E-boost Natural Powder?

Options
I read an article in Prevention magazine where they said E-boost Natural Powder is a good alternative to sports or energy drinks before a workout. Has anyone tried this? I run early in the morning and I am looking for a boost to help me make it through not only the workout but my day.

Replies

• tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Had a quick peek at their site.......hold onto your money get your nutrients from food and take a multivitamin (reading the ingredients it sounds like a Dr Oz wet dream - it's got all the snake oil!)

Most of the energy drinks out there aren't much more than a blast of caffeine, typically I'll enjoy a coffee (or two) before heading out for my morning run and, in terms of energy, it's what you ate the day before that counts not something you drink immediately prior to working out. Make sure you're getting enough carbs to replenish your glycogen stores on a daily basis and you should be fine.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    pop a caffeine pill. go nuts.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I use it occasionally and I like it a lot. It gives about the same boost as a really big cup of coffee without any significant calories. The only downside is that sometimes it gives me nasty burps during my runs.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will give it a try and see if it does the trick for my morning runs. C25K Week 7 is staring me in the face and the early morning 25 minute runs will be a challenge either way.