Hello, just starting! Would love some support

Options
JowitaGarstecka
JowitaGarstecka Posts: 13 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I heard about this website and thought I give it a go! I was never the skiny girl but in last year and a bit I put on so much extra weight! But Now I am ready to sort it out and become healthy person for life!!!
I do have guestion tho, I got my estimate calories intake here and it seams to be a big number I always thought in order to lose weight you have to eat like 1200-1400cal but this is telling me to start with 1650! Is that not to much?

Replies

• jakefitzgerald93
    jakefitzgerald93 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nope start with 1650-1850 trust me :) count your macros, not calories too.

go for high protein, low carb, high fat :)

I have 220g protein, 80-90g of fat and 80g of carbs per day, i centre my carbs around exercise too.

I lost 84lbs by doing it this way!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    What he said.
    If you put your information accurately it's a good estimate.
    Unless your very small 1200 is low.
  • droppinahundy
    droppinahundy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Our stories are similar. I've put on 90 lbs in the last two years. Enough is Enough!! Getting into shape is the second phase in a long process I planned out and put into motion 2 years ago to transform every aspect of my Life. Don't approach this commitment you've made to yourself with body weight being the determining factor of whether or not you are successful. Approach it from the aspect that your main objective is to change your lifestyle, your eating habits and to get into better physical condition while moving around more. Looking at that way keeps ME from becoming DISCOURAGED! And YES 1650 cal/day is perfect, especially if you are hittin the gym, etc. I wish you much success. GODD LUCK!! B)
  • JowitaGarstecka
    Options
    Thank you for all the grate advice :) I am lookin forward to putting all I am learning in to action
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Depending on your activity level and your current stats (height, weight, age, and job/lifestyle), 1600 may be appropriate. I know many women who lose on those levels but they also work out a 3-6 days a week. But without knowing all the aforementioned information, its hard to run it through a TDEE calculator to validate. If you want to post that info, we can confirm for you.

Also, you don't need to eat high protein, or low carb (unless you want) as calories are what cause weight loss. Macros address the type of weight loss (fat or lean body mass), affect things like satiety and energy. A food scale can be very beneficial as it can ensure accuracy. I would recommend reading a bunch of the stickies throughout the forum as there is a lot of valuable information.
  • JowitaGarstecka
    Options
    Haha in last days I have read so much and hers so much different things but I think truth is somewhere in between and I think I have a plan :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Haha in last days I have read so much and hers so much different things but I think truth is somewhere in between and I think I have a plan :)

One thing is for certain... if someone tells you to eat a specific way or one way is the best, then they dont know what they are talking about. Success is driven by one thing, dietary compliance. Doesnt matter if its keto, paleo, vegan, flexible, etc... if they put you in the calorie range to address you goals and its sustainable for you, then its the right plan.