2»

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    mpryce15 wrote: »
    I am 5"0 and am wondering if I pull eat around the 1000-1100 calorie mark because of my height...yesterday I had 164 calories left over and didn't really feel like I needed them. Any thoughts or suggestions?

You are petite.....but you are also young. A 5' tall senior lady? Yeah, 1100 would work. But you have a decent amount of lean muscle mass to support. Don't eat fewer than 1200 calories. The trade-off isn't worth it.

Heck @teabee, at 62yo, 5'1, 100lbs, 1200 on a sedentary day will have me losing over time. 1100 would have me losing close to 1lbs a week and miserable. :)

Cheers, h.
    (Yes I do realise there are women with my basic stats that would need under 1200. Lifting helps me support a slightly better metabolism than the 960 the calculators show, and retain muscle)

I'm also short (about 5'1.5) and I eat 1400 on a sedentary day. Even short women can eat more than 1200 and still lose weight

But that's losing half a pound a week...patience is a virtue!

To the op: I eat at least 1200 calories every day but then make up more of a deficit through exercise.

Nope, I've been losing a pound a week. I don't have that kind of patience, lol