Options
2»

Replies

• cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "grettiej wrote:

Man that's exactly what my husband said. Even if it's just a trip to a coffee shop.
    To make it worse we moved into a apt complex from hell. We have a family of 6 under us with kids thst scream and slam doors at all hours of the day. That's def contributing to my slump.

I can sooo relate to this! And my wife can even more as she is working at home right now. In order to accept my current job we had to move to San Antonio, Texas, really quick. No time for house shopping. So, we moved from a 3800 square foot house to a 1300 square foot apartment, on the second floor of a three floor building. There is a herd of water buffalo living above us that is hunted by lions every night from about 7 pm until midnight. The woman next to us, well, she is happy to inform the building that every time is the BEST she has EVER HAD OH MY GOD! Apartment life...

Seriously though, get out of the place. Coffee shop, bookstore, go volunteer somewhere, just go for a walk even. Any kind of social club, like a book club or something? Go house shopping for the hell of it, never hurts to look! It helps dramatically with mood, and will help you focus on good things.

Hey, you can go to a bar with your husband tonight, get your favorite drink, and we (and anyone else that wants) can toast to the fantastic apartment living lifestyle!
  • grettiej
    grettiej Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    cmtristani wrote: »
    "grettiej wrote:

Man that's exactly what my husband said. Even if it's just a trip to a coffee shop.
    To make it worse we moved into a apt complex from hell. We have a family of 6 under us with kids thst scream and slam doors at all hours of the day. That's def contributing to my slump.

I can sooo relate to this! And my wife can even more as she is working at home right now. In order to accept my current job we had to move to San Antonio, Texas, really quick. No time for house shopping. So, we moved from a 3800 square foot house to a 1300 square foot apartment, on the second floor of a three floor building. There is a herd of water buffalo living above us that is hunted by lions every night from about 7 pm until midnight. The woman next to us, well, she is happy to inform the building that every time is the BEST she has EVER HAD OH MY GOD! Apartment life...

Seriously though, get out of the place. Coffee shop, bookstore, go volunteer somewhere, just go for a walk even. Any kind of social club, like a book club or something? Go house shopping for the hell of it, never hurts to look! It helps dramatically with mood, and will help you focus on good things.

Hey, you can go to a bar with your husband tonight, get your favorite drink, and we (and anyone else that wants) can toast to the fantastic apartment living lifestyle!

Haha. This made me smile.
    I'm glad someone can relate to the apartment situation. We opted for a top floor in hopes for quiet but the family under us shakes our walls their so loud. Then the family across from us has a toddler who tries to escape out of their front door so we hear them screaming I'm a foreign language and slamming doors. It's like a damn circus in our building. Scares my dog as. well
    I think the real kicker was when I heard our neighbors going at it at 2am under us. At that point my husband said screw this were breaking our lease. I'm house shopping now. Rent only, but in hopes for some peace
  • grettiej
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    im a stay at home wife with friends ans family not here as well. My husband is home a lot but hes an athlete so he leaves a lot too. Hes going to China tomorrow for 2 weeks.. was just gone a week for a contest ect ect. Im alone ALL THE TIME and eating is my comfort. Some days i wont even get 3k steps because i just find myself getting lost in tv the internet blah blah. i really gotta force myself. I joined a pilates reformer place... take my dogs out (not as often as i should) its hard i feel what your going through. Its one of those force urself to get out type thing.

edit- wanted to add i joined a wildlife rescue organization. and volunteer at a shelter but its hard for me because i want all the animals lol. I live in san diego so youd think id be at the beach everyday.. but once tourist season starts id rather be home.

Oh man I understand.
    I wanna nap all day, and my poor dog is getting depressed because I don't walk her much. She is my fur BFF so when I'm down she's done.
    I managed to drag myself to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks. It was hard, but I'm trying.
  • grettiej
    edited June 2016
    Options
    im a stay at home wife with friends ans family not here as well. My husband is home a lot but hes an athlete so he leaves a lot too. Hes going to China tomorrow for 2 weeks.. was just gone a week for a contest ect ect. Im alone ALL THE TIME and eating is my comfort. Some days i wont even get 3k steps because i just find myself getting lost in tv the internet blah blah. i really gotta force myself. I joined a pilates reformer place... take my dogs out (not as often as i should) its hard i feel what your going through. Its one of those force urself to get out type thing.

edit- wanted to add i joined a wildlife rescue organization. and volunteer at a shelter but its hard for me because i want all the animals lol. I live in san diego so youd think id be at the beach everyday.. but once tourist season starts id rather be home.

Oh man I understand.
    I wanna nap all day, and my poor dog is getting depressed because I don't walk her much. She is my fur BFF so when I'm down she's done.
    I managed to drag myself to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks. It was hard, but I'm trying.[/quote]

I used to volunteer in my old state but I started experiencing horrible allergies so I think those days are gone. I'm so bummed about it. Boo :(
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    grettiej wrote: »

Oh man I understand.
    I managed to drag myself to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks. It was hard, but I'm trying.

its hard to get out of that funk once your there. its quite comfy doing nothing lol. getting a routine will help... the hardest part getting that routine ha. its amazing how fast time can fly in a day sitting around.