Weird little NSV

MJ_Watson
MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
Background: I live in South Korea and, because our apartment space is limited, I sleep on a 요, a foldable Korean sleeping mat. The mattress is very thin, only about an inch thick, but I've never found it uncomfortable, even though most of my friends, even the Korean ones, seem shocked by this.

Well, the last few days, I've been really out of sorts. Some back pain and weirdly enough a lot of pain in my glutes!! Plus, I kept waking up from shoulder pain because I was turning in my sleep to lie on my side (NOT a good idea when sleeping on the floor). I didn't connect these things, but was going crazy from all the soreness.

Tonight, I was trying to get comfy and just couldn't. Ugh, the floor was really hurting my butt. Wait. It was touching the top part of my butt! In fact, my whole spine was pressed flat against the floor, where before I always had an arched back when lying down because my infamous booty (the bane of my existence and my most stubborn area) was keeping me aloft. No more! Apparently I've lost more there than i thought! Got up to measure and sure enough: down MULTIPLE inches since a couple weeks ago, and before that, it didn't go down even when everywhere else did. Is this what they call a whoosh?? Either way, I'm thrilled!

Good news is: I may finally be able to go down a pants size! Of course, the bad news is I need a second mattress. Guess I'm not built army tough like my friends thought; I just had my own extra padding! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!