Eggs Make Me Gag!

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain eggs much on their own.
    When I was a kid I liked a fried egg sandwich with mustard. The mustard overpowered the egg taste. Try a strong tasting sauce or condiment.
    Scrambled eggs with cheese and onion, omelet rice or fried rice with egg, breakfast sandwich or burrito, quiche, deviled eggs, egg salad sandwich, hard boiled egg added to salads.
    Eggs mixed into foods like pancakes, french toast, lasagna, muffins, egg noodles.

Don't push yourself to eat eggs if you really don't like them.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Comical (to me at least) that a few people have recommended omelets as a less gag-worthy way of eating eggs. I shudder when I even think about an omelet. It's basically good food (cheese, ham, veggies, etc) wrapped in a congealed, slimy, yellow, sulfurous shell. Omelets are about as eggy as egg get. GAK!
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would eat eggs all day if I could! <3<3<3
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I go with the people that say don't eat eggs if you don't like them. I love them and eat them almost every day....sometimes twice :)
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Eggs finely chopped and added to a salad fade into the background when other stronger tasting components are present (croutons/bacon/honey mustard dressing, etc.). A combination chicken/egg salad with cranberries/nuts/spices would take the focus off the egginess.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »
    Oh I hear you. I can manage a hard cooked egg with plenty of salt, or a soufflé, or an eggy crepe, but I cannot be anywhere near a poached or fried or soft cooked egg. The runny yolk, the shiny slippery white, ugh. I can eat a few bites of scrambled eggs if I have to to be polite, but if I get some streaks of white that weren't completely mixed with the yolk before cooking, I'm going to gag.

Lol! We are in the same page!!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you like pancakes, try the egg and cream cheese pancake, maybe with a little sugar free syrup or a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for an added dose of protein and healthy fat. It's not as fluffy as a pancake, but it's good. Does not taste like egg.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    if you really dont like them dont eat them. how are you preparing them? is it the texture or the taste? i add garlic powder, onion powder, mushrooms, various meats and make omelettes
  • Emijanine
    Options
    biodigit wrote: »
    I would eat eggs all day if I could! <3<3<3

Lol I would eat dark chocolate all day if I could !
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Maybe crack them open and cook them first?

I often don't crack them till after they are cooked.
  • Emijanine
    Options
    UpEarly wrote: »
    Comical (to me at least) that a few people have recommended omelets as a less gag-worthy way of eating eggs. I shudder when I even think about an omelet. It's basically good food (cheese, ham, veggies, etc) wrapped in a congealed, slimy, yellow, sulfurous shell. Omelets are about as eggy as egg get. GAK!

Lol! Yes!
  • debeaniebaby
    debeaniebaby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Had to laugh I thought it was just me who gagged at eggs! I can't bear the sight of a runny egg! If someone is eating one near me I can't look. I have to crack them with my eyes shut, beat them up without looking and omelette or scramble them. Then not think about what I am eating just eat it! I do like the taste in an omelette though I just can't think 'egg'
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Had to laugh I thought it was just me who gagged at eggs! I can't bear the sight of a runny egg! If someone is eating one near me I can't look. I have to crack them with my eyes shut, beat them up without looking and omelette or scramble them. Then not think about what I am eating just eat it! I do like the taste in an omelette though I just can't think 'egg'

Lol! Yes. Runny yolks are the bane of my existence!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this thread and it's like I could've written it myself.
    Op I'm the same exact way. I have tried every way to eat eggs and just can't do it. I'll actually vomit. Like seriously.
    If they are baked into a cake or something then I can eat it. But there's no way I can eat anything eggy !
    I wanted to eat eggs very badly because of the nutrients but it just didn't happen for me. So i gave up trying!
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Op I'm the same exact way. I have tried every way to eat eggs and just can't do it. I'll actually vomit. Like seriously.
    If they are baked into a cake or something then I can eat it. But there's no way I can eat anything eggy !
    I wanted to eat eggs very badly because of the nutrients but it just didn't happen for me. So i gave up trying!

LOL!!!! Yes! I had bad experiences with them with morning sickness with both my pregnancies!! Hey! Send me a friend request! I'm new on this site and still figuring out how to add friends lol!
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them...there's plenty of other good sources of nutrients...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »

LOL!!!! Yes! I had bad experiences with them with morning sickness with both my pregnancies!! Hey! Send me a friend request! I'm new on this site and still figuring out how to add friends lol!

Mine started way before pregnancy but continued to worsen during it. I really truly tried to like eggs but it just didn't happen for me either.
    So I found other ways to get the same macros but without the eggs! Lol! I will have a protein shake and a Greek yogurt with a few avocado slices on the side instead of the eggs.
    I'll send you a request but be warned that I'm a terrible mfp friend. I don't check my wall and never communicate with friends. I'm going to start making a better effort though.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    one more vote for don't eat them. There's nothing magical about them if you don't like them.
    Whaaaaaaaa ???

But Eggs are 'magical', :laugh:

I love them, you're right they are a cheap source of protein. Currently on sale for 2/$1 so guess the chicken and egg shortage is over!

I love them warm after I peel them, or from the fridge cold after I've cooked them hard boiled. I love egg salad, fried eggs, scrambled, salsa then wrapped in a low carb tortilla, omelets. I could go on...

There are things I don't like and I'll never eat even if the Nuns did tried to force me to in grade school :open_mouth: and that would be Lima Beans.. gross on liver and onions, love onions, keep the liver far away. Over with the Lima beans please... Yes I did toss one Lima bean down my throat once like a pill in grade school so I've officially tried them. blah!

Don't eat something you don't enjoy! There's just no reason for it, pick up some chicken, great sales on that and the protein is awesome it!! :smiley:

Oh and I see someone mentioned brownies.. mmm there's eggs in those.. yum!

Enjoy what you Eat ...Eat what you Enjoy!
  • Emijanine
    Options
    one more vote for don't eat them. There's nothing magical about them if you don't like them.
    Whaaaaaaaa ???

I love them, you're right they are a cheap source of protein. Currently on sale for 2/$1 so guess the chicken and egg shortage is over!

I love them warm after I peel them, or from the fridge cold after I've cooked them hard boiled. I love egg salad, fried eggs, scrambled, salsa then wrapped in a low carb tortilla, omelets. I could go on...

There are things I don't like and I'll never eat even if the Nuns did tried to force me to in grade school :open_mouth: and that would be Lima Beans.. gross on liver and onions, love onions, keep the liver far away. Over with the Lima beans please... Yes I did toss one Lima bean down my throat once like a pill in grade school so I've officially tried them. blah!

Don't eat something you don't enjoy! There's just no reason for it, pick up some chicken, great sales on that and the protein is awesome it!! :smiley:

• Emijanine
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaa ???