fruit when trying to tone

Hi I reached my goal of 110 pounds a while back and have maintained it for about a year without exercising. I recently began running and now lifting in an effort to lose more fat and tone up. I was wondering if eating fruit is bad for gaining muscles or toning. I've heard mixed opinions on this.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Why would it be? Fruit is packed with nutrition...what exactly are you reading that says fruit is bad for you? That's about the most ridiculous thing I've every heard in my life.

Gaining muscle is about training and eating to support that training...it has nothing to do with whether you eat fruit or don't eat fruit.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    The only way I could see fruit being a problem (and it's a stretch) is if you have so much of it that it takes over the majority of your calories and you have no room to get the protein you need.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    It doesn't matter what you eat if you hit your macros.
    Personally, I eat anywhere from 1000-1500 calories daily just of ice cream while losing fat.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Eat fruit.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2016
    "Is eating fruit bad for gaining muscles or toning?"

Err, nope... Why would it be?
    • Eating insufficient protein is bad for gaining muscles
    • Not following a progressive resistance programme is bad for gaining muscles
    • Not eating adequate calories is bad for gaining muscles

As for toning that's about dropping body fat to reveal lines of muscles that you have gained so
    • Eating insufficient protein is bad for achieving a 'toned' look
    • Not following a progressive resistance programme is bad for achieving a 'toned' look
    • Eating too many calories is bad for achieving a 'toned' look
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    emma722mfp wrote: »
    I've heard mixed opinions on this.

You can use those opinions to divide the people you asked into ones you might want to listen to for advice and ones you should completely ignore.

Ignore the ones who say you can't eat fruit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    emma722mfp wrote: »
    I've heard mixed opinions on this.

You can use those opinions to divide the people you asked into ones you might want to listen to for advice and ones you should completely ignore.

Ignore the ones who say you can't eat fruit.

:laugh: