Choosing the right activity level

Options
So questions...
I haven't been losing weight.. I thought I was supposed to be eating my exercise calories.. But maybe that's my problem?
1. I use a Fitbit..so that complicates things.. I'm not really sure what activity level I should pick with a Fitbit...I bounce between sedentary settings and light activity usually
2. I work as a nurse 3 12 hour shifts on my feet constantly moving about 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day at work...On my days off it varies but I try to hit 10,000 steps minimum but Sunday is usually my lazy day

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If your Fitbit is linked to MFP, activity level doesn't matter as long as you have negative calories enabled. I would look more into your overall logging, making sure that everything is accounted for and logged accurately (generally using a food scale, correct entries, and recipe builder instead of homemade/generic entries).
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If you have negative adjustments enabled it doesn't matter what activity level you pick when you have a fitbit. Sedentary means you will see an positive adjustment sooner and that at the end of the day it will be large. Anything above that means that it will take you longer to see an adjustment, at the end of the day your adjustment won't be as large as it would be at sedentary, and if you are really active then become sedentary, your adjustment will decrease (so it will be large right after a very active period and then decrease when your activity level decreases since MFP does the math in a way that you maintain being active all day).

Do you use a food scale? If not, you are actually probably eating more calories then you think. You can either decrease the amount of your Fitbit adjustment that you eat or invest/use a food scale for all solid foods.