Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Options
Tavysh
Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
Pretty good recipe I've added to my mornings to give myself a little more than just a protein shake.

1 Cup Milk
1/2 Banana
1/2 Pumpkin ( I use the Libby's canned pumpkin)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein (Add more or less if desired)
A few shakes of Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cinnamon
5 or so Ice Cubes

Combine and blend until desired consistancy. Great anytime I just use it to sneak in a serving of vegetables with breakfast when I'm in a rush.

Replies

• I_am_Kara
    I_am_Kara Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    This is very similar to the one I made...except I use soy milk (lactose intolerent) and just cinamon. No banana...but it sounds really good! I've also put no sugar added apple sauce in smoothies before...
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! :)
  • Tavysh
    Options
    I thought about leaving the banana out but it ended up tasting pretty well. I think it helped keep the pumpkin taste from being to strong.
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    how much of the canned pumpkin?
  • jennifox63
    jennifox63 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks; I love smoothies!
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds very good. :)
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump! That sounds good!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Any stats on the nutrition info? And I also was wondering how much pumpkin. Half a small can or half a big one, or half a cup maybe?
  • Tavysh
    Options
    I measured out 1/2 cup of pumpkin from the can. The recipe I found calls for 1/3 cup but the can said a serving was 1/2 cup so I figured it would be easier to go with that for calculating calories and nutrient content. I dont have calories on it figured up I just tried it this morning to see if it was worth sharing. I'll get something posted by this evening on it.
  • Tavysh
    Options
    Ok here's a breakdown of the calorie content in this:

1/2 cup pumpkin - 40 cal 0.5 Fat 9.0 Carb 2.0 Protein
    1 cup 2% milk - 130 cal 5.0 Fat 12.0 Carb 8.0 Protein
    1/2 Banana - 55 cal 0.4 Fat 27.0 Carb 1.3 Protein
    1.5 Scoops Protein -180 cal 1.5 Fat 4.5 Carb 36 Protein

Total - 405 calories 7.5g Fat 52.5g Carbs 47g Protein as well as 8g of Fiber and over 300% of your daily recommended amount of Vitamin A.

I've created this in the database under B's Homemade Pumpkin Pie Smoothie but even after checking the option to share with other user's I'm not seeing it available.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was summoned to this thread. I'm going to try this tomorrow. Maybe it'll be a good way to mask the flavor of the vanilla protein powder I have. I'm going to add some spinach, too.

If you added it in the recipes, I don't think they've made those visible to everyone yet. I weigh my bananas, so my 1/2 banana probably won't be the same as your 1/2 banana, since they come in different sizes. The banana I ate yesterday was 90 g, so half would be 40 cals. Thanks for the recipe!
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Might have to try this out...
  • Tavysh
    Options
    It does a great job masking the protein flavor in my opinion which is another reason I like it since I've got a few containers of various vanilla powders I'm not crazy about. Yeah the calorie content will vary for everyone to some extent but that give's a person a pretty good baseline to go by if they want to try it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'll be back with my review tomorrow :smile:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
  • ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    I'm gonna bump so I can remember this in the fall... I'll just take out the protein.

Thanks for the idea!!