I FINALLY see a change!!

Options
BrunetteWife
BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
I've not always been really heavy, but I was never the skinny girl in school. I always had a bit more than average. After high school, I started working retail..good for the walking everywhere, bad for the stress. I was way stressed and was constantly eating for 2, other I was NOT pregnant. I never realized how bad I was eating until one of my co-workers had asked if I was preggo or carb loading. I attempted to make a change then, but I found myself a year later still eating the same way. After being without a job for almost a full year, I really was a hot mess. So I made the decision in April of this year to cut of soda and replace it with water. I started eating more fruits and veggies. I started eating breakfast and walking A LOT! I started a lifestyle change, and I know I have a ways to go,but I've lost 20lbs! I was so happy to finally start seeing a change!! I only have face pics, hoping to have full body pics next month...Anyway, here goes..

First pic is my dreaded drivers licsense pic from 08 (it was the most recent I had with a full face view, and is pretty much the way my face has been for the past 2yrs, my tummy and hips are another story...lol):
dec08.jpg

This pic was taken today (6/28/2010) right after swimming:
newbru.jpg

Replies

• thisemmabites
    Options
    wooooooooooooohoooooooo! go you!!! keep it up!!!!!
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    you can totally tell :) good job!
  • RaneeC
    RaneeC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look great :-).
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Very noticeable! :happy:
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger. keep it up!
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    Nice job. Keep up the good work!!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    u look so goooood! lost lbs and years!! keep it up.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    well, you're beautiful in both, that's for sure. But, you look a lot younger and healthier in the second one-- so happy for you. Keep it goin'!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! WTG!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    YOU ARE GORGEOUS! :-) Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! I wanted to post this to show those who are doubting themselves or just starting that anything is possible if you set your mind to it!!

And, thanks, for saying I look younger...not quite sure how to take that..lol I had just turned 23 in my first pic and it's almost a month til my 25th :)

Huge thank you to Kelly and Melissa who keep me going!! They make me feel like I'm swinging, I'll push them for a few, then they push me ;) love ya's!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! I wanted to post this to show those who are doubting themselves or just starting that anything is possible if you set your mind to it!!

And, thanks, for saying I look younger...not quite sure how to take that..lol I had just turned 23 in my first pic and it's almost a month til my 25th :)

Huge thank you to Kelly and Melissa who keep me going!! They make me feel like I'm swinging, I'll push them for a few, then they push me ;) love ya's!!

You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Bru! And you didn't even need the hair or lighting! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! And you know what...you are the one that keeps ME going! Everytime I sit on the couch watching tv (which isn't often anymore) I think, I wonder what Bru is doing & that makes me get up & do something! You are such an inspiration to me & I hope you know how much that means to me.

By the way....I did my sit ups tonight & they were actually pretty easy for me! I was WAY surprised! The rope jumping, uh, not so much! LOL But I did it! :bigsmile:

Take care - gotta go get another workout in before I'm done for the night!

Kelly
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You look sooooo great!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Congrats you can really tell in your face. Good job and keep it up.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look great. Regarding your comment "my tummy and hips are another story...lol", because we lose fat everywhere (not selectively) the face is usually the story that says all. And against an overall physique that is getting smaller, sometimes our hardest-to-go bits can seem more pronounced.. But trust me, they'll be shrinking too, it juts does't look that way sometimes. You look truly awesome.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a change! Looking great! :)
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I can't wait until I get there
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    You are doing so fantastic and look fantastic. I get inspiration to do more each day after seeing your comments each day! Keep on doing what you are doing,
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Beautiful girl! You are such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!