"Clean" eat over calorie counters (friends needed)

Options
A lot of people on here are only interested in hitting low cals which is great but isn't really what I'm after at all. So would like , like minded friends with open diaries.
Don't get me wrong I try stay in a certain area with cals but more macro focused

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Everyone here seems to have their own special little definition of "clean eating". I personally do count calories, because when I don't I fall off the wagon and start gaining weight again :| I just try to keep at healthier whole foods as best I can because they allow me to eat more ;) oh and I also believe coffee is a vegetable :D
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Diary is open. I don't consider myself a clean eater, but I think a clean eater would look at my diet and think it was clean... lol!
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a food group for me at least :smile:
    reina1979 wrote: »
    Everyone here seems to have their own special little definition of "clean eating". I personally do count calories, because when I don't I fall off the wagon and start gaining weight again :| I just try to keep at healthier whole foods as best I can because they allow me to eat more ;) oh and I also believe coffee is a vegetable :D

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here are only interested in hitting low cals which is great but isn't really what I'm after at all. So would like , like minded friends with open diaries.
    Don't get me wrong I try stay in a certain area with cals but more macro focused
    I eat nutritious foods, but I also eat snacks and my favourite foods, and I still concentrate on my macros as well as micros. I love my treats and am happiest when I eat them. I call it eating a balanced diet. I don't think anyone on this site eats 'junk' alone...
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you could define what you think is "clean" you would be able to find some like minded posters?
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat clean 90% of the time and 100% of the time while I'm doing Whole30. To me, clean eating is nothing that comes out of a box or has preservatives, artificial sugar, etc. I eat fruits, veggies, lean meats/chicken/fish. I do eat some potatoes, but stay away from most other carbs (other than fruit). I still try to stay within my calorie goal.
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat cleaner. Staying away from processed sugars and fast food. I'm also counting calories though. Diary open to friends if you're interested.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    hokiemom14 wrote: »
    I eat clean 90% of the time and 100% of the time while I'm doing Whole30. To me, clean eating is nothing that comes out of a box or has preservatives, artificial sugar, etc. I eat fruits, veggies, lean meats/chicken/fish. I do eat some potatoes, but stay away from most other carbs (other than fruit). I still try to stay within my calorie goal.

Almost the same though I add in more carbs , black/brown rice, oats, quinoa, sweet potato.
    I like using things for the most part with one ingredient, I'd rather cook and add my own herbs salt etc that have it all pre made.
    Protein powder/ bars are in there but need it after training
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Maybe if you could define what you think is "clean" you would be able to find some like minded posters?

Five second rule. Ten seconds if it's really yummy.
  • daflipremix
    daflipremix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat clean with occasional "specks" of dirt in moderation. So far so good, you can do it!