maintaining weight

I always have a weight that I can maintain no matter how much I eat. It is not my ideal weight but it's 160, I lose weight but when I break my diet and eat whatever I want I never pass 160. how can I change this weight to 150. I want to be able to eat without counting calories sometimes and not pass 150, which is my most confident weight, any tips on how to achieve this?

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    It took me nearly 2 years of maintaining at 128-132 before finally getting to my 123-126 range I wanted and it took 3 weeks of crazy accurate logging and then really conciously eating once down there. I now don't log but as I said, it's taken a long time! Just trust the program, I used to think oh ill never get l below this weight and it took me taking a long hard look at my maintaince logging to breakthrough. Good luck!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2016
    If you're maintaining at 160 then you are eating at your maintenance calories ...you just need to eat at a slight deficit and aim to lose 0.5lbs a week ideally - thats just 250 cals per day.

The problem with not counting calories is that you really don't know how much you are eating. (Unless you have been counting for a while and know roughly.)

To not count calories then you have to think of some way to cut some calories, say a snack that you might be eating now regularly, that could be enough to create the deficit you need to lose.

Also I would encourage you to get more active if you aren't already e.g a 20 - 30 min fast walk a day will really help create that deficit too.

All the best.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    It isn't hard to log your food. It's just tedious. But so is brushing your teeth. You're not succeeding. If you really want to lose you just have to eat less. That's just how it works. You don't have to do that, but otherwise you're not going to get down to 150. That's how it works. Wish it were easier, but that's the deal.