Motivation to Start losing weight

Options
msanc095
msanc095 Posts: 20 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! My name is Maria and I am currently struggling with weight lost. I weight approximately 225 to 230lbs which is the biggest I have ever been. I want to lost weight but I can't motivate myself to do so. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I eat anything at any time with or without hunger. I barely drink water. I just love to eat to the point where I can't refuse food. I know I have to change my lifestyle because I am feeling constantly tired, in pain, and just unhealthy. Also, I have a very active 14 month old baby girl. What can I do to motivate me? I get discourage if I don't see quick results. I also get discourage because it doesn't matter how much I exercise I just don't sweat so I feel like I am not doing anything. Please feel free to add me since I am new in MFP.

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My kids are my motivation. I don't want to let them down. I want them to have a healthy Mom and grow up to make healthy choices themselves.

So I put a big 8x10 photo of them on my refrigerator.

You need to think of a way to remind yourself why you want to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle, so you can reflect on that when you feel discouraged.
  • ffmf2101
    ffmf2101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror. That is the biggest competition that you will ever encounter. There are tons of ways to help you loose but you need to make small goals to reach for now and then large goals to reach later. Add me up and I will help any way I can.