Will I start to like the healthy options?

Options
2»

Replies

• jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, your taste buds adapt as they stop getting bombarded with sugar and salt. Don't worry!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think you definitely need to experiment with different food combinations for your own tastes and see what you like, there's honestly no point in eating foods that you don't enjoy! Though, I do think your tastebuds adjust to new flavours. I have definitely got used to a few changes such as not salting my food, adding less milk to my tea, not drowning my food in condiments/dressings. But the biggest one for me is fizzy drinks, I have been drinking only water (still and fizzy but always plain) or tea for a couple of years now and on the very odd occasion I have something else, Coke for example, I find the sweetness incredibly overbearing and can only have a few sips! Having said all that, I'm not convinced I'll ever replace the taste of a freshly baked pizza!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I used to eat doughnuts for breakfast, pizza and fries for lunch, and then corndogs, coffee cakes for snacks, mcdonalds all the time, etc. After eating differently for years I honestly don't even crave those things anymore. If I eat junk I usually feel sick. I honestly crave my homemade pizza with lots of veggies and healthy ingredients, makes me feel good after too.