Need advice.

Options
Working out & eating right isn't my first rodeo. When I was 17-20 years of age I was in the best shape of my life. I looked it & I ate like it. Not sure where things went wrong.. I gained almost 20 pounds since & it's been the hardest thing ever to get back where I was. Not sure if age has to do with some of it (I'm 24 now) and lack of playing sports now. I can workout no problem, but it's the eating habits that have ruined my body. Feel free to add me as a friend to be on a journey together. :)

Replies

• musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, you can do it with some hard work and dedication
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    MFP will help, just set yourself a target, log everything you eat/drink and stick with it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    At 24 no, age has nothing to do with it. It does get slightly harder as the decades go on but that's only cos we are inclined to be less active.

You have not ruined things, 20lbs isn't the end of the world and at least you're here, you can do something about it now. Make small changes and bit by bit you will get back that figure you had a few years ago.

All the best!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Not age. Mind set. Just get back on the horse.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oooh if I could only go back to 24... Definentely not age. You are still in the same same body.. You may eat a lot differently than you did.. I know I did. Heck my mother only unlocked the kitchen for us to sit down three times a day, so if you have "open season" to the kitchen this might be part of it.

Start logging your food in MFP. you will see in a week what you eat and how you eat and then you decide what may be the issue. If you want to loose those pounds just eat less of it.. Or you can start changing out things you see may not be the healthiest choices and start making better choices..

But you can loose weight without exercise or changing a thing you eat now.. just change the amount

• TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Its a tough road but well worth it. Its good to recognize earlier than later that things went off the rails. I knew in my 20s that things did but waited till mid thirties to do something about it. Big mistake as each decade things get a little tougher.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Maintain a healthy diet, mindset, physical routine, and surrounding environment.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What sports did you play? Maybe find some leagues for those and then keep the food diary, see if there are things you eat that you don't even realize you are eating.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just have to get your mental mind ready for a lifestyle change!! Learn to make things enjoyable and what you can live with. I am 50 and just now seem to be learning how to quit beating myself up for mistakes. I put on 13 lbs this yr
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    For me, the biggest advice isn't the exercise or the food (although the these are huge).

My biggest advice is the mindset; finding that inspiration that not only will get you through the weightloss but the rest of your life. You can do it :)