Preparing once again for my new START

Options
I've never really loved my body. I was always told I was beautiful but deep inside I never believed it. Simply because of my size and health. Now I am taking a huge step into the healthy lifestyle by getting Laparoscopic Surgery. With me being only 18 years old I am VERY afraid. But I have to get this weight back AND health under control because I have to be here for my 3 year old son. repr3eovl5lf.jpeg

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to first try losing weight without surgery. If you really dial in to tracking your calories and macros and establishing an appropriate exercise regime, you can for sure do it without the need for the procedure. Just give it time and focus. It'll set you up for much better success and lifestyle for the rest of your life.

If you need help, let me know. I'm always happy to lend a hand when needed.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, and just keep going. There will be ups and downs and good days and bad, but keep going!!!
    We're here to help with all the nutritonal stuff too. Even with surgery, you'll need to know What to eat and how after. In fact, they are Much more strict on Exactly what you can have. Its a big Mental game.
    you have an Awesome reason to do this. yourself and your SON! Its my kids that keep me going!
    I'd rather sleep an extra 45 minutes every morning, but to keep my body healthy, I need to move it and workout, so I do.
    YOU are worth it
    Your Son is worth it

Food is satisfaction for seconds in the mouth. :)
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I wish you well. You will find support here and lots of advice, some good, some not. The most important thing you can do right now is educate yourself about nutrition and good health habits. When you have your surgery, they should offer you counseling with a nutritionist and perhaps a food therapist, but they may not. Whatever happens, you must become your own advocate. Look up my posts. I discuss a lot of things, esp. body image and food obsession.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    beginforthelasttime16 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Seriously, be proud of yourself. You are strong and making a healthy change that other's might not choose but it's your journey. Own it!

And if you need a buddy to talk through this stuff, feel free to add me. As you can see from my username, I've "started" a million times and I'm over it! It's time to finish!
  • slifter16
    slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I would encourage you to first try losing weight without surgery. If you really dial in to tracking your calories and macros and establishing an appropriate exercise regime, you can for sure do it without the need for the procedure. Just give it time and focus. It'll set you up for much better success and lifestyle for the rest of your life.

If you need help, let me know. I'm always happy to lend a hand when needed.

Thank you so much, I really needed those encouraging words.