When I can't sleep, I eat...

Options
Does everyone else love carbs as much as I do? They're in everything that is delicious and comforting. It seems impossible, I don't even have my carb goal as low as it should be! Obviously, I'm trying a low carb diet. I do okay for the most part, there a lot of hidden carbs, during the day. Meal times, snack times, I'm okay, not going to lie I do envy a little bit but I'm managing. Until bedtime, I go to bed and I lay there and I can't sleep. I like to get up and eat cereal, I love late night cereal. So since I've been trying to do low carb instead I try to grab a cheese stick or a piece of lunch meat, some almonds anything but cereal. Some nights, like tonight, I can't sleep until I've filled my belly with carbs (two bowls of oatmeal squares) and I feel ashamed and guilty and defeated. I'm not hungry when I go to bed, I go to great measures to make sure of that to try to prevent late night cereal attack. I'm not ready to give up on a low carb diet, but damn....

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Barring a medical reason, there's no reason to go low carb. I know some people love it, but you seem to love carbs so much. It seems silly to keep trying to keep up a diet that leaves you feeling ashamed and defeated.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit silly to go low carb when you love carbs?

Eat in a deficit, save some calories for evening snacks.