Night time bathroom question.

I noticed that when I started eating right this time and drinking more water and less pop I get up at night to pee 2 times but if I cut water back and drink more pop/even juice I don't or will maybe once.

I drink water right up until I go to bed maybe I should cut back a bit before I go to bed.

Just wondering if this ever happened to any members when they started eating better.

Thanks and have a great day..

Replies

• canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I pee at least twice at night. But I drink a LOT of water during the day. No big deal.

May I ask how much water you drink during the day. Thx
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    What time do you stop drinking anything?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    From this post and previous ones, It seems like you may be over thinking this water drinking thing.
    You seem very concerned about how many ounces of water to drink.
    Try not to stress over it. Drink enough, stay hydrated and don't make a big deal out of it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Go by your pee color, getting good sleep is important.

p33fte2wkv76.png
  • Gillian00louise
    Gillian00louise Posts: 21 Member
    Do you drink a lot of tea and coffee?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    No, I drink water all day long right up to bed time. I even keep a big glass of water by the bed to drink during the night, but the only time I need to get up to pee is if I drink beer just before bed.
  • canadacatman
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    What time do you stop drinking anything?

Maybe 10pm I go to bed around 10:15.
  • canadacatman
    Do you drink a lot of tea and coffee?

I drink none at all. Thanks
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Pop, down here we call it coke, has caffeine, which is a diuretic. Water, if taken in quantity near bedtime, is going to process it's way toward the bladder over the next 4 hours and you're going to have to get up to pee. For this reason I try to get my water consumed before 8 pm, several hours before bedtime for me.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited June 2016
    I usually drink between 128-144 oz of water per day. I usually have to get up to pee once per night. Part of that is also because I'm 40+, I believe. I generally try to stop drinking anything about an hour before going to bed, if at all possible. I believe that helps at least a little.
  • Pascoe76
    Pascoe76 Posts: 36 Member
    Pop Soda or here in Australia its called Soft Drink its full of rubbish sugars caffeine etc so your not peeing as much because all that crap is staying inside you and whatever water is in Coke etc is being used up
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Pop, down here we call it coke, has caffeine, which is a diuretic. Water, if taken in quantity near bedtime, is going to process it's way toward the bladder over the next 4 hours and you're going to have to get up to pee. For this reason I try to get my water consumed before 8 pm, several hours before bedtime for me.

Just because you drink water after 8:00 doesn't necessarily mean you're going to have to get up and pee during the night.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited June 2016
    Pascoe76 wrote: »
    Pop Soda or here in Australia its called Soft Drink its full of rubbish sugars caffeine etc so your not peeing as much because all that crap is staying inside you and whatever water is in Coke etc is being used up

Really.

Perhaps you can explain to me why it is that about 30min after drinking any soda or tea, I end up needing to go to the restroom while if I drink an equivalent amount of water it doesn't hit me until hours later*.

Hint - it's not because the things in soda other than water are somehow slowing things down. It also isn't because 8oz of soda has much less water than 8oz of water, either.

* I run this experiment every week. During the work week, I drink only water because the tap water where I work tastes fine. On the weekend, I drink only soda or tea because the tap water where I live on weekends tastes horrible.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    On a good day ie under or on calorie I pee loads In the night, if I have a binge I do not have to pee so much.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    I've just accepted that yeah, I'm going to be up peeing at least once in the night. It's rare when I don't.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I noticed that when I started eating right this time and drinking more water and less pop I get up at night to pee 2 times but if I cut water back and drink more pop/even juice I don't or will maybe once.

I drink water right up until I go to bed maybe I should cut back a bit before I go to bed.

Just wondering if this ever happened to any members when they started eating better.

Thanks and have a great day..

The carbs in the pop and juice are causing you to retain water, thus no bathroom breaks in the middle of the night.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I've just accepted that yeah, I'm going to be up peeing at least once in the night. It's rare when I don't.

Yep same here, it doesn't matter how much i drink or don't drink during the day, I'll get up at least once during the night.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    I guess I am lucky. I stop drinking fluids about 8 pm and am in bed by around 10-10:30 pm. 90% of the time I don't have to get up and go potty in the middle of the night. That is so annoying and tiresome!