Meal replacements

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    After you're done with that, come back here, and eat real food and track your calories for the long run. It works.

This^

OP - have a game plan for maintenance. Will replacement shakes be a lifetime thing?

If not, you will need to start tracking "regular" breakfasts and "regular" lunches when you get to goal. You will need to start tracking "regular" snacks. This is that lifestyle change that people talk about. You will need to figure out what permanent changes you are willing to make to keep the weight off.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    After you're done with that, come back here, and eat real food and track your calories for the long run. It works.

This^

OP - have a game plan for maintenance. Will replacement shakes be a lifetime thing?

If not, you will need to start tracking "regular" breakfasts and "regular" lunches when you get to goal. You will need to start tracking "regular" snacks. This is that lifestyle change that people talk about. You will need to figure out what permanent changes you are willing to make to keep the weight off.

and this is my point..if during weight loss you don't have the time or the inclination to eat/prepare the food what will you do during maintenance????

go for the easy stuff?

weight loss is great...maintenance requires the same dedication if not more...
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    1975Janice wrote: »
    ^looks like your getting great support.. not.

I just think that people really want to see her succeed long-term. Using things to replace meals is great and convenient, but it's not a long-term solution. You are not teaching yourself portion control, and typically even with small snacks, are not hitting a very high caloric intake with those meal replacing "shakes". Nobody is telling her she can't lose weight with them. Nobody is being unsupportive. We just don't want her to be discouraged when she starts eating real food again someday and doesn't understand why she's putting all the weight back on.

OP, I'm rooting for you, but I hope you find a way to incorporate more real food into your diet for life-long success!