Steak and shake?

Options
I'm on vacation and my friend wants to go to a steak and shake tonight for dinner. I've never been to one. Any suggestions on what I should get that would be good but also not too over the top with calories? I've just been doing maintenance this week. Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love Steak n Shake! I've only had their cheeseburgers and they are pretty good. I'm not fond of their french fries so I can easily avoid those. I only like them if they are topped with the goodness of chili and cheese lol. I never knew they had healthier options. Maybe the oranges and applesauce are on the kid's menu. Shake are good, too. Next time I'm there, I'll try ordering a kids shake for myself (less cals).
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything fried, salad dressing (except for vinaigrette) and milkshakes.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Get a kids hamburger and fries for 440 calories. It's a great taste without going overboard on calories.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    dlkfox wrote: »
    Get a kids hamburger and fries for 440 calories. It's a great taste without going overboard on calories.

Is that total 440 cal for both? Or each? From what I've seen, it's about that many for each and that's a kids.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Where's the fun in that?!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In my opinion just eat whatever you want! I love Steak and Shake I wish they had one where I live now. Chili 5-ways is awesome, so are their patty melts. SOOOOOOO Hungry now :-)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Check the nutrition info on their website and pick something that fits into your day/week.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    What's an extra 400 calories in the big scheme of things? Steak and Shake is awesome. We don't have one here but I'll be in Virginia for 12 days starting next week and I plan on eating there at least once.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I enjoyed the single cheeseburger and fries and ultimate banana milkshake!! Very yummy and a great experience. What fun is it if we can't splurge now and then on vacation and I've set my calories to maintenance everyday and have done well. Today when I get home will be telling when I weigh myself but I'm not stressed. I haven't pigged out on this trip too much, lol
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Where's the fun in that?!

It's Steak and Shake. You can either have fun or not go over the top in calories.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    End up hitting me once or twice a year. I always get the club and I never eat the whole thing and not because I don't love it. It's a lot of sandwich....and I get a shake.