People who completed the C25K program...

Options
Just for my own curiousity, what was your average pace when you completed the program, regardless of if you were actually hitting the 5k distance.

Replies

• niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    By the end of C25K I was extending my sessions to a full 5K and my fastest 5K at that point was a 34:27 - which is slightly over 11 minute mile pace.

It took me another 2 months from the end of C25K before I did my first sub-30 minute 5K.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I was running at a 14 min/mile pace. I just went for a run yesterday, and I did 11 min/mile. I'm pretty happy with that.
  • Firedrake2001
    Firedrake2001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was running about 12 minute miles in workouts but when I ran my first 5K (right at the end of C25K) I averaged 11:09 per mile.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k a few weeks after completing it and my official chip time was 32:33, so like 10:30 per mile. Oddly enough I run faster on pavement than I do on the treadmill. On treadmill I tend to go about 3 minutes slower per mile.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I ran a 5k a few weeks after completing it and my official chip time was 32:33, so like 10:30 per mile. Oddly enough I run faster on pavement than I do on the treadmill. On treadmill I tend to go about 3 minutes slower per mile.

Same here. I can only muster about a 13 minute mile on the treadmill, but I can do 11 minutes outdoors.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm slloooowwwwwwww and totally fine with that. I know I'll get faster the more I do it. I'd say probably a 15 min mile.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Guessing around an 11 min mile? I was running on an indoor track (unknown length).
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I did a 5k not long after completing the program, and my time was 28:39. So around 9 min/mile?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    12:30ish
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was running right around a 10 min/mile when I finished c25k.