No appetite

Options
Hey everyone :) I hope you are having a wonderful day! I was wondering does any of you have the problem to not have any appetite and end up with very low-calorie diet at the end of the day (I am talking the range of 800-1000kcals)? This doesn't happen to me everyday, but well it happens. Do you "force feed" yourself or just shrug it off and hope to do better on other days?

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't happen every day then it's not a problem. Keep any eye on you weekly total rather then your daily number if you find that your appetite comes and goes like that. I'll add that there seems to be a belief in the magic number 1200 on here, but it's set a bit arbitrarily and even 1000 every day is fine for some smaller women. I'm by no means encouraging VLC diets, but do allow yourself some flexibility.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't happen every day then it's not a problem. Keep any eye on you weekly total rather then your daily number if you find that your appetite comes and goes like that. I'll add that there seems to be a belief in the magic number 1200 on here, but it's set a bit arbitrarily and even 1000 every day is fine for some smaller women. I'm by no means encouraging VLC diets, but do allow yourself some flexibility.

Agreed. It's all about balance. I have days where I'm hungrier than others but it all evens out over the week. I never force feed myself just to reach a certain number of calories because I know I have other days when I eat over my daily goal.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS hungry :s
  • determined_M_91
    determined_M_91 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I feel so dumb. I never actually though of checking the weekly total.. like *duuuh* :# I just did that and it adds up to around 4000 calories deficit. So I guess that's ok? :smiley: of course I also have days that I feel like I am starving the whole day and go over my calories but this happens quite rarely.
    I also wanted to add that my daily goal is 1370 calories
  • determined_M_91
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS hungry :s

maybe try upping protein, fiber, water intake? This definitely helps me when I feel hungry.. and also willpower *do not eat the cupcake dammit!*
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I feel so dumb. I never actually though of checking the weekly total.. like *duuuh* :# I just did that and it adds up to around 4000 calories deficit. So I guess that's ok? :smiley: of course I also have days that I feel like I am starving the whole day and go over my calories but this happens quite rarely.
    I also wanted to add that my daily goal is 1370 calories

Don't feel dumb. It's just a mindset change. With just a bit over a 500 per day average deficit, it looks like your diet is dialed in pretty well. I'd say keep doing what you're doing. Just track your weight loss over time (measured in months not days) to make sure those numbers are consistent with your actual rate of weight loss.
  • determined_M_91
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words and the advice
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you have a weekly deficit of 4000, that would mean you are on average 571 calories under your daily goal. Taking that from the 1360 that you have as a goal would mean you eat an average of 799 calories per day. Is that correct?
  • tryett
    Options
    If that is the case you aren't eating enough.
  • determined_M_91
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    If you have a weekly deficit of 4000, that would mean you are on average 571 calories under your daily goal. Taking that from the 1360 that you have as a goal would mean you eat an average of 799 calories per day. Is that correct?

No, that is not correct. For maintenance I need to eat between 1800 and 1900 calories a day. I have a calorific goal of 1370, but on some days I eat less than that.
  • tryett
    Options
    You know on the app it will tell you what your average is over 7 days?