Thigh Gap

Options

Replies

• onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "I'll put a gap between your thighs." -Some creepy guy.

Sorry, I "LOL'ed"!
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I could post pictures at my thinnest weight (5'1 and like 95 lbs...I was also anorexic) and I've NEVER had a thigh gap. I've just come to the conclusion I NEVER will have a thigh gap. So for me I have to think I'd like my legs to be more muscular and at said point I'll be much happier.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Elongating exercises like barre work and Callanetics will help you better define you thighs and get that gap.

:noway:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Elongating exercises like barre work and Callanetics will help you better define you thighs and get that gap.

Finally! Shenanigans!

Thank you Santa.
  • KSBeautyintheBuff
    KSBeautyintheBuff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that gap will depend on your hips, but i would the think the only way to get that gap is by reducing body fat and building a lot of muscle. My legs are actually pretty small and I have a little fat where the gap would be and I personally don't think I would look healthy with a "gap"....I'd feel like a tooth pick, but I also don't have big hips and a butt to balance all that out.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thigh Gap - if it's natural, it's all good. Some people naturally have them, there should be no negativity for that.

Thigh Gap - if it's not natural, meh. I've never been bothered. I see girls using the specific machine they thing is going to help and it doesn't - you can't change your bone structure. I just want to be healthy, plus my legs are like tree trunks (they were when I was a size 8).
  • BayleighPaws
    BayleighPaws Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    At 5"9, 175lbs I have a thigh gap. I'm not even in a healthy BMI range [yet], I just have wider hips so my bone structures allows for a gap there I suppose... To be honest, nothing magical happened when it appeared. It wasn't there 30lbs ago, but it's here now and I'd likely not have noticed at all. People don't come up to be complimenting me on my thigh gap- it's just there. Long legs, wide hips... Thigh gap.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm more concerned about showing off my collar bones, which are starting to take on a nice shape thanks to arm and shoulder workouts. A slightly low cut blouse can show those off nicely, and I can leave the thigh-gap, or lack there of, for private showings only.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    It's a matter of body shape; some people have them and others never will.

Also: In for possible shenanigans.

This. Even at my thinnest, which was pretty thin for me, I didn't have thigh gap. It's something I'll never have and I accept that.

Double this. When I was 135 (of twisted steel and sex appeal:wink:) and about 17% BF I didn't have a thigh gap. :cry:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

496Gb.gif
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If you are really desperate for a thigh gap you can practice walking with a football between your thighs to help with the shape.

Just like people who wear corsets to train the waist.

Or people that walk around with books on their heads to improve their posture.

Seriously, does a thigh gap maketh the person?

How many people are going to admire your thigh gap?
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Finally! Shenanigans!

Thank you Santa.

But... but... what about "Thin Thighs in 30 Days"? That was another fad in the 80's as well -- which *also* didn't give me a thigh gap, because, well, you know, genetics and all that.

Try aiming for "healthy" and not some potentially unobtainable ideal (although why the bowlegged look is "ideal" is beyond me - but hey, that's just MY opinion. To each their own, I suppose). Thigh gap =/= healthy, after all.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm older, I'm 47, but I have never heard of people being so concerned over a thigh gap before. I didn't even know thigh gaps were an issue, let alone people noticed if you had one or not. Sorta hoping this is just another one of those fad things that in a year's time goes away and is forgotten. lol
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Oh god, again?? This is NOT a fitness goal!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm in my early 40s, but I don't understand the recent fascination with thigh gap either. I haven't noticed thigh gap in other women. I live in a warm climate and I'm at the beach a lot. Most men I know don't care about thigh gap either. It seems women do it for other women. Shocking, I know...

Now I have a bit of thigh gap, but what I would like is less stomach. :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Some of my bike shorts give me a thigh gap.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I got your GAP right here (pointing to crotch)
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Even when I was extremely fit in high school I didn't have a thigh gap. I've never wanted one; in my opinion they make people look like skeletons. (Not to offend anyone with a thigh gap!) :smile:
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I usually have a thigh gap and always have. Only when I gain weight (about 10-15 lbs) does it go away. I never noticed it as normal/abnormal/good/bad until it became the 'in thing' now which just seems funny to me. I remember years ago someone commenting that my sister in law had the sexiest legs cause she was lucky enough to have her calves touch. I thought how skinny my calves must be and tried to build them up to no avail. Interesting what becomes the 'in thing'.

I agree it must be genetic and is probably not the best 'fitness' goal. It would kinda be like my goal is wanting to be taller. Sure, I do. But it's never gonna happen (except when I don the super high heels). ;-)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I usually have a thigh gap and always have. Only when I gain weight (about 10-15 lbs) does it go away. I never noticed it as normal/abnormal/good/bad until it became the 'in thing' now which just seems funny to me. I remember years ago someone commenting that my sister in law had the sexiest legs cause she was lucky enough to have her calves touch. I thought how skinny my calves must be and tried to build them up to no avail. Interesting what becomes the 'in thing'.

I agree it must be genetic and is probably not the best 'fitness' goal. It would kinda be like my goal is wanting to be taller. Sure, I do. But it's never gonna happen (except when I don the super high heels). ;-)

Funnily enough, only in heels do I have a thigh gap. Not that anyone comments on such a thing when I wear heals; I secretly hope this is because they're too busy checking out my booty and legs.