2 year comparison pics, even with backsliding...

Options
zombiemomjo
zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
I've posted pics like this before to remind myself that I have come a LONG way, and I'm in serious need of that reminder today, so please bear with me. :) My 20th high school reunion was just a couple of years ago. I had lost just a few pounds, and my favorite (and lifelong) girlfriends and I decided to wear little black dresses to the festivities. Well, I still looked like a sausage, and those pictures helped spur me along when my 38th birthday hit. My dad died of a massive heart attack at 38, so having two young boys at that age was what I needed to get me started. So when 39 came about, and I hadn't lost anything, my friend JennBunny73 got me on this site. With us motivating each other daily, I hit 30 lbs down September 2012. After celebrating the big 4-0 and taking a hiatus from diet/exercise for moving and the holidays, I gained back about 10 lbs. I started to go back down a bit a few weeks ago by starting the Primal method of eating as well as my regular exercise (Les Mills Combat, Zumba, some Turbo and some running), but then I sprained an ankle and took a few days off. I enjoyed a relaxing weekend with those same fantastic girlfriends last weekend! I could tell from the pics we took that I had gained more in the middle than I want, but when I compared them to a pic of all us from the reunion, I was so impressed with how far all of my girls have come! My two blondie friends in the pic on the bottom have each lost 50 lbs! And my hottie Asian friend just gets hotter every year. Even though I kind of hate her for that, I LOVE those girls, and I love my new healthier life. :) Today, I am recommitting to getting back on that wagon and sticking with it! If this PCOS sister can do it at 40, anyone can! Stay with the fight, folks!

9248099439_e82ab572bc.jpg
PicsArt.com

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks awesome. Great work.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :happy: :drinker:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am SOOO friggin' proud of you!!!! And I'm honored to call you my friend! I will always support you!!! :heart:
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    I am SOOO friggin' proud of you!!!! And I'm honored to call you my friend! I will always support you!!! :heart:

Thanks, Alicia!! You are such an inspirational friend. And so friggin' funny! :) I appreciate all of your support!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, you look great!
  • many_worlds
    Options
    And you look SO HAPPY in the second picture!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thanks, all. I know it doesn't look like a huge difference compared to some, but I'm fitter at 40 than I was in high school! I have been so discouraged with the lack of progress the last few months, that I just had to celebrate how great my girls and I feel now in order to light that fire again. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!