Bulking update and picture!

Options
Just wanted to show why I was scared to bulk. I posted a few weeks ago that I was afraid of losing my abs! Well mission accomplished! Sad face :'(56kdkr9pjjd1.jpeg

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why are you sad... you look good. How long did you bulk?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lol. I mean I don't mean to laugh. I was just making side by sides of pre, post, and current (after slightly cutting) bulk pics and you are more lean than I was when I STARTED the damn thing. Keep going, focus on performance. And if you want to see no abs, I have some pics for you.
  • BonyCastro
    BonyCastro Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Why are you sad... you look good. How long did you bulk?

Thanks! Only for a month because I started to freak out
  • BonyCastro
    Options
    pzlblhi7a6lr.jpeg
    Before bulking
  • psuLemon
    Options
    In all fairness your before pic has you leaning back which stretches your abs. At 1 month, you gained what... 2 or 3 lbs?
  • BonyCastro
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    In all fairness your before pic has you leaning back which stretches your abs. At 1 month, you gained what... 2 or 3 lbs?

I gained 5 pounds and that's just the first pic on my phone I found.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You can lose the 5 in a couple weeks and they will be back - looking better than ever.
  • BonyCastro
    Options
    pobalita wrote: »
    You can lose the 5 in a couple weeks and they will be back - looking better than ever.

Thanks your abs look great btw! I didn't have a full six pack as you but they were more defined before for sure. I'm in a constant battle between wanting more muscle (bigger buns) and wanting a 6 pack
  • psuLemon
    Options
    5 lbs is not even gong to be all fat. You will have additional glycogen storeage and the affects of sodium. In the end, you have to determine if short term fat growth is worth the end result. If its not, just recomp and hope for the best.
  • 3_Stefan_3
    3_Stefan_3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Really......?
  • 3_Stefan_3
    3_Stefan_3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go another month n cut it off
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    3_Stefan_3 wrote: »
    Go another month n cut it off

That's really random advice. Especially for a female who is already looking pretty lean. Go another month, gain another what...whole 2-3 lbs? I can tell you I gained 14 lbs on my bulk and if I could stomach it I wish I could have done more.
  • Lioness_007
    Lioness_007 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. Not to worry. I've gained some mass and it feels good
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Girl you need a real bulk. 2-3lbs is honestly nothing. Women can only gain around about a pound of muscle in a month, which is why I personally favor longer more conservative bulks. In addition that 2-3 lbs is probably mostly water weight and will come right off the moment you start cutting again.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Honey, you look wonderful. Please don't worry. You can cut later.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You look great OP, keep bulking.

Do it slowly.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You do YOU. If you don't want to bulk then don't. You could do what I've been doing. I've been gaining about 1 lb per month and a good amount of that is definitely muscle. My body looks the same, more shape in the right places, but I have gained 5 lbs since June.

I've only upped my cals by an extra 150 per day.

I tried upping more, but after 2 weeks, I was just gaining fat, so I stopped and continued more of a recomp over a longer period of time.