Just started need motivators

Options
Hey All!! I just started today. I had my doctor do a physical & was told I am in Amazing health except for the weight I put on since my hysterectomy. Before the hysterectomy 5 years ago I was a size 7-9. Now I am a size 18. I refuse to buy any bigger clothes I want to lose weight & become healthier. My doctor said exercise will help but due to women's changing bodies I have to pay MORE attention to what I eat.

I explained I barely eat one full meal a day because I am only hungry once usually. He stated my metabolism needs a boost. Any help I can get I am happy to receive.

I joined the YMCA & have dedicated myself to at least 3 workouts at 30 min. I was told to do short bursts on different machines to keep heart rates up.

My husband & step daughter have decided to do this with me so any meal recipes is also awesome. I took before pic today I hope to have pics to post of new me along the way.

:flowerforyou:
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• HealthyVee
    HealthyVee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Shanon! I just logged back in after being away for over a year! The first time I joined this site, I did really well and was so motivated, I was working out 6 days a week, running 1-2 miles a night and lost 12 lbs. Then all of a sudden, I up and quit. No idea why! It was spring break so I was home from work and I gave in. I'm back after having my first child and ready to get back into motion again! Feel free to friend me! I can't believe I didn't use that feature before. It's a great way to be held accountable!
  • christyhall01
    christyhall01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined last week and already lost two pounds (in my first week!). We, ladies, have it tough sometimes because of all of our crazy hormones, but I am convinced that nutrition and watching our diet is KEY - along with a moderate amount of exercise. Make sure you are eating enough - it doesn't sound like you were eating enough if you were having only one meal per day. Just count those calories - make sure you log every single thing you eat, even if it is not so great (I even had a huge brownie with icing last week b/c my mother-in-law makes the best desserts) and still lost! I just exercised to make up for my calories & try to stay within my target. You can do this! Feel free to friend me as well - I am finding the support and motivation on the forums, etc. are just as important for me to keep going. I enjoy seeing everyone else's successes as it keeps me motivated that I CAN do this! Here's to success!