Lunch ideas for work

Options
I am trying to come up with ideas for work lunches. I typically bring a wrap with boars head chicken breast and sliced cheese. I am getting kind of tired eating this 4-5 days a week. I don't like using the microwave, and I don't like any seafood, mayo, pork. Any filling ideas given this would be much helpful. Thank you!

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Boats Head makes several varieties of turkey that are excellent. I put it on the heathy grain sandwich thins. Hard boiled eggs are awesome also. Hummus with green pepper dippers or even pretzel crisps. Salads are always good, add turkey, nuts etc for protein.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower & lentil curry with naan
    Soup and 1/2 veggie-cheese sandwich
    Big salad or veggie bowl with a side of lemon-chili spiced diced watermelon
    Rice noodles and veggies. Add hot water. Wait 3 mins. Ready.
    Veggie patty, salad, blueberries and almonds
    1/2 Pre Baked sweet potato topped w vegan butter and cinnamon w side salad
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Top sirloin and eggs?? :)
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Make everyone in the office jealous >:)
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I make a layered taco bowl. Salsa on the bottom, then some black beans or no beans (depends on my meal) then shredded chicken, then cheese. Then a little sour cream (now that I have tried Greek yogurt, I'm doing that next time), and lettuce.
    I don't microwave it - I eat it cold and it's pretty tasty to me!

Otherwise I'll do a couple of these: a slice of turkey rolled up with a little shredded cheese all rolled up in a romaine lettuce leaf.
  • nileshsomani
    nileshsomani Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Curd, avocado, almond, half scoop protein. Perfect fat:protein:carb combination. Make smoothie
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you desire a gluten free, high fiber healthy lunch, Quinoa could be your go to option. Okay, you may have some qualms about Quinoa's taste but its amazing health benefits cannot be denied.

If you find quinoa bland for your sensibilities then try this (a tasty quinoa recipe that you will definitely love once you try)-

Step 1. Put pizza sauce in a microwave-safe bowl
    Step 2. Layer quinoa on top of the pizza sauce
    Step 3. Cover the quinoa with cheese
    Step 4. Add chopped onions, sweet corn, capsicum and shredded carrots
    Step 5. Top the bowl with more shredded cheese
    Step 6. Sprinkle some chili flakes on top
    Step 7. Top off with a little capsicum and carrots
    Step 8. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes

Except for the last step, prepare everything at home and just microwave it in the office ;)
    Tried it, and surprized my colleagues. (y)

http://www.fabhow.com/make-quinoa-pizza.html
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is 2 tbsp. of peanut butter on a burrito sized, low fat tortilla. Packs a lot of protein which keeps me full longer and really satisfies my sweet tooth :)
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I try to prep things I can eat cold but do use microwave some. Quinoa or brown rice cooked with peppers g onions pineapple
    And add chicken or lean turkey. I also like to steam up different veggies for lower carb days.