Hi! My name is Betty and I need to lose 100+ lbs.

Options
:flowerforyou: I joined MFP April 19/13 and have lost 25 lbs. as of last week. I expect to be at this a while and can hardly wait to fit into smaller clothes. I also have osteo arthritis in both knees so walking can be quite painful. My blood pressure is too high and I have a slightly enlarged heart. If I don't loose some weight, I'm not going to live to see my retirement years. I encouraged by so many of the posts I've read and look forward to being a member of this group.

Replies

• grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi ~
    Welcome, I love this site and the support that everyone offers helps me a lot. This journey is long and hard but with support it can be fun and exciting. I'll send a friend request. It can be done! :smile:
  • airforcewife1007
    airforcewife1007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This journey is a hard on, and I've been on it for a long time with no success. I'm taking it very seriously this time around, and while I may not be losing the weight quickly, I am trying to make changes that I can sustain long after I've lost the weight. Feel free to add me :)
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi there betty,

Congratulations on your commendable success so far. This program, when used as designed along with the many helpful and supportive people here, has been invaluable to me, and I wish you the same success I've enjoyed.

You've got this, good luck!:drinker:
  • kimpossible76mt
    kimpossible76mt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Betty! Welcome to My Fitness Pal community! It's so great to meet you! Tell me, aside from food journaling (which is a BIG success factor for people seeking weight loss), what steps are you taking to lose weight?

Yours Truly,
    Kim :)
  • jogini007
    jogini007 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats. Well done! :smile: