Progress!!

Options
So I met my June goal of losing 10lbs! So I decided to take a photo to see how far I've came. I was amazed at the difference. I started on here June 5th at 245 but my heaviest I was 260.
I couldnt have done any of this without MFP and the amazing support from my friends on here!
I've cut out sodas 99.9% and have been exercising 45-60mins 4 times a week.

A little back story. What makes me so excited is the old mindset I used to have is gone. In 2011 I joined MFP and started doing Zumba at the local gym. Why I quite I cannot tell you now. But I lost 30lbs back then. April of 2011 I just stopped and started back to sitting on my fat butt and eating whenever and whatever I wanted. I'm sure I was drinking about 1000 calories a day in Dr. Pepper. I turned 30 on May 6th of this year and decided I had, had enough of being sick and tired all the time! So I tried to get back on here under my old name but I just couldn't keep up with the people I had once used as motivation. So I started a new name and got new friends and I began to start slow. I walked a mile here and there, nothing major. Starting cutting out my sodas and eating out less. By June 5th I knew I could do this I was already down a few pounds. So June 5th was my start date, I started making small goals. Lost 10lbs by July 5th, cut out sodas, eat healthier, exercise 4x a week, burn 2500 calories a week. Well June 16th we got a shocking call that my husbands grandmother had passed away, she would have turned 93 the following Tuesday. My husband was devastated and we booked plane tickets to go to Minnesota for the funeral. That week I stuck to my new changes, exercised, ate within my calories. While we were in Minnesota I did have a few off days and ate a bit above my goals and only got to work out once but this wasn't a vacation. By the time I got back I just knew my weight had gone back up. It did but only by 1lb. I could still do this so I hit it hard the following week and half. On June 29th I went to visit my grandmother who suffers from Alzheimer's in the nursing home. She had been under hospice care for about 2 months so I tried to visit her as much as possible with the 120 mile driving distance. When I arrived she was in worse shape than before and we ended up staying for 8 hours, she passed away that afternoon. I was very close to my grandmother. Normally I would have went on a eating binge and stopped whatever "diet" I was doing. But this time it was different. This time it's for life. So I took my frustration and sorrow out and ran, I just ran till I couldn't run anymore then I walked. It helped that it rained most days here in Georgia because being red and soaking wet hid the fact I was crying the whole time. I don't tell you this to get your sympathy but more to explain how much my mindset has changed. The day we burred my grandmother, I ran that afternoon.
If I can go from being a couch potato that was growing roots, to someone who isn't letting other people influence her decisions and is hell bent on completing the goals that are set for the future. I love to help motivate others and love the motivation and support I receive back, so feel free to add me if you'd like!

Here are a few photos to show the changes so far.
176ee311-5c74-465a-b734-b5a406869a55_zps3284f3ef.jpg
a7d49ad2-9644-4818-af92-2753c8bd5c49_zps7a127e5f.jpg

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and inspiring! You really touched me and i feel like we are so similar in many ways. We are on this journey together and i know we can do it!!! I respect you and what you do and I'm ready to see more progress!!! You got this and i know you can do it!!!
  • saphyreplatypus
    Options
    Nice job! Keep up the good work! Have you set any July goals? :-)
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm also 100% determined to do it this time. I just started seriously working out 2 weeks ago & counting my calories. I'm 247lbs right now, my goal is to get to 190 my very 1st prepregnancy weight. I'm hoping by the new year & from there I still would like to lose 30-40 more pounds. Then once I get to my goal, my husband & I may try for one last baby, not sure about that yet though. I'd love to be pregnant & not overweight & out of shape. Feel free to add me if you'd like. & Congrats on the 10lb loss :)
  • paynebearclan
    paynebearclan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you!! I know what you mean about a change in mindset. I am SOOOOO scared that I am going to go back to my old eating habits. Why wouldn't I be scared? I HAVE gone back to my old ways EVERY time I have EVER tried to lose weight. I don't want to go back. I look to my friends on here to support me and encourage me. I don't think I could have even started on my 3rd week this week if it weren't for MFP. I'm so excited in the changes I am seeing in myself, as well. Most of those changes are mental. (and I'm loving the changes). Of course, the reason for all my weight gain was pretty much mental as well. *sigh* Why does food and eating have to be such a comfort and SOOOOO good? I am finding that I enjoy even food that is healthier. For instance, I love potatoes. They are one of my favorite foods. So, to save calories, I will eat them plain with only salt and pepper. I have found that I love them like that. Another one of my favorite foods...flour tortillas. We went to a Mexican Restaurant the other day. I ordered fajita chicken meat and asked for corn tortillas instead of flour. OH MY GOSH!! I wrapped my fajita meat in them and AMAZING! I think the corn was tastier than the flour. I have only had 1 flour tortilla in the 3 weeks that I have been making healthy choices. Suprisingly, I haven't missed them all that much. Oh man...I have to stop talking about food! I'm hungry!!!! <3
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! You're looking amazing!
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options

yes July 5th - August 5th I'd like to lose another 10lbs
    Strictly 100% water no sodas
    improve my running distance without a break, right now I can only run half a mile before i need to walk for a few minutes.
    Improve my pushups I'm up to 50 at a time now but they are still girly pushups
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. I'm a lot like you and started MFP before and just gave up. I started back again I have the mindset that I'm going to do it this time.

BTW, June 5 was my 40th b-day.
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    Options
    Great attitude. I'm a lot like you and started MFP before and just gave up. I started back again I have the mindset that I'm going to do it this time.

BTW, June 5 was my 40th b-day.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Very proud of you!
  • saphyreplatypus
    Options

yes July 5th - August 5th I'd like to lose another 10lbs
    Strictly 100% water no sodas
    improve my running distance without a break, right now I can only run half a mile before i need to walk for a few minutes.
    Improve my pushups I'm up to 50 at a time now but they are still girly pushups

Great goals! 50 is a lot, even girly push-ups count for something! You can do this!
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    your doing awaesome!
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support!!!
  • twhitecotton32
    twhitecotton32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! i gave up soda over two years ago and i know how hard that was but i am here to tell you that i have not had soda in over 2 years unless it is mixed with alcohol and even then it is a tiny splash because it no longer taste good and the smell of soda even makes my stomach curl. so good job and stay strong when it comes to the temptation of soda :smile:
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Wonderful job!
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And what a motivating story! You are on the right track!
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    Options
    Updated picture:

Here ya go - today I was able to get into a pair of jean I couldnt get over my thighs 6 months ago. There's roughly 30lb difference from photo 1 to photo 3!

d95bbbe7-83b5-4fd0-83f3-41760f43f42c_zps3c8e8882.jpg
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What amazing progress!!!! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!