Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Australian Women: What's your height, weight, and size clothing?

Replies

• SueWurcker2014
    SueWurcker2014 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 164.5 cm, 59kg. Usually a size 10, but it depends on the make
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I'm 164.5 cm, 59kg. Usually a size 10, but it depends on the make

It just goes to show how weird sizes are.. I'm 8kgs heavier and 8cms taller than you, and we wear the same size.

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Incidentally, for the non-Australians here (Americans, Canadians, etc.) ... your size 8 is like a size 12 here in Australia. :)

http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm

Yep, so when the store carries up to a size 14, that is a US size 10. :'(:s

I'm an American that moved to Australia (still think in American)
    5'6" (168 cm?)
    72 kg? I wear a 12/14 on top and a 14/16 on the bottom.

I was recently on holiday and found a GAP in London. I bought two pair of jeans that fit my American shaped body perfectly and am selling all of my Jeanswest that I absolutely HATE.

If anyone wants to buy three pairs of size 14s Jeanswest, only worn about 4 times, let me know ;-)
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    I was recently on holiday and found a GAP in London. I bought two pair of jeans that fit my American shaped body perfectly and am selling all of my Jeanswest that I absolutely HATE.

We have Gap here in Australia, not sure where you live but I believe they have a few stores in Sydney and Melbourne.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    I'm all the way in FNQ. I looked and I don't think they have online sales/shipping. Everything kept sending me back to the UK site.
    Which is fine, they offer free international shipping for orders over 50.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    The only jeans that fit me right are levis 501, it would be nice not to have to spend $100 everytime i needed a pair of jeans :angry:
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2016
    I just came here for the hot Aussie Sheilas. You may resume your regularly scheduled programming.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    158cm, 62kg, size ten on top, size eight on bottom. Still hoping to lose some more weight
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,012 Member
    164cm, 81.5kg. Last weekend i bought a size 12 pencil skirt and size 14 jacket from Jacqui E but then had to get a 16 pants at Target.
  • 12Sarah2015
    164cm, 81.5kg. Last weekend i bought a size 12 pencil skirt and size 14 jacket from Jacqui E but then had to get a 16 pants at Target.
    Jaqui e have very generous sizing
  • Alatariel75
    Jaqui e have very generous sizing

Usually so does Target
  • 12Sarah2015
    I go by port and and cue sizes (tho I don't buy)
  • 12Sarah2015
    Portmans
  • Alatariel75
    Portmans

I'm a steady 14 at Portmans for pants skirts and a 12 in tops.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Portmans

I am too but I don't find Target generous. I prepare to try on 12-16's there. I think their sizes dodgey so I'm not surprised you had to go up. Sizes can be inconsistent shop to shop but I've found Target inconsistent garment to garment as well.
  • Alatariel75
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Portmans

I am too but I don't find Target generous. I prepare to try on 12-16's there. I think their sizes dodgey so I'm not surprised you had to go up. Sizes can be inconsistent shop to shop but I've found Target inconsistent garment to garment as well.

Agreed, I was wearing size 12 work pants from there today.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    I'm 170cm, maintaining in the high 70kg range. I'm usually a size 10 top and a 12 bottom, depending on vanity sizes. Target, Crossroads, Katies, quite a few places I always have to go smaller.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    176 cm
    61 kg

I bought some size S leggings from Mix Apparel recently, and they're fairly loose.

Whereas a S half-zip sports top from Aldi fits fine.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Portmans

I find target impossible, in general. Their clothes are ALL too short for me, and generally the arms and legs are tiny.

Ironically I live in Target Corporation's home state, a place where there are a *LOT* of tall women.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm 163cm and currently 61kg (slightly above my standard weight 57kg) I generally start with a 10/Small and go up or down a size if needed. Some stores, like Country Road I'm more likely to be an 8 (if they carry 6s, I'm often an 8, if their smallest is an 8, I'll be a 10 - one size up from smallest)
    I buy a lot of vintage clothing and I'm consistently a 12.