Switching to ground Turkey

Options
2»

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure you have high heat on the grill. I liked the suggestion of using a piece of tin-foil.

I usually mix the ground meat with: (saw this in a cookbook)
    Bit of Olive Oil and Worchestershire sauce
    Dash or two of Garlic powder and onion powder
    MAYBE a dash or two of salt/pepper and some sort of grill seasoning.

Then make them into patties.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Mine don't fall apart. I just use worcestershire sauce and minced onion, and I think they need to be a little thicker than your average beef patty. I used to use ground turkey breast, but the burgers were so dry that I found myself adding oils or barbecue sauce to make them moister... I thought that was dumb, so I switched to regular ground turkey and the burgers are much better now.

Ground turkey also works well in tacos, spaghetti sauce, chili, and meatloaf. :smile:
  • dancer1178
    dancer1178 Posts: 50
    Options
    These are all awesome!! Thank you!! We came to the decision of using the ground beef when we are making burgers on the grill & using ground turkey for pastas, enchiladas etc...but I might need to try some of these suggestions! lol. My guy tends to make his burgers thick, and uses minced garlic and onion and Worcestershire sauce. I've started to worry about all the little extras we use while cooking, so maybe I'm being too cautious! Thanks everyone :)