Hey there

Options
Rusty740
Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
I've been on my weight loss body fat% loss journey since January when I decided I needed to lose some weight before I turned 40 next year. Picked up the free fitbit app on my phone and started to log all my food with a 250 Cal daily deficit, no real exercise, office job. Started out at 5'7" 174 lbs, 25% body fat and lost 25 lbs just tracking my food and eating not too much, but whatever I wanted. Now I'm 148 lbs trying to get to 145 lbs before I shift my goal to 12% body fat.

I was amazed at what a difference tracking my food made. Now I'm doing some running once or twice a week and some body weight exercises to lose that last little bit that's hardest by adding a bit of muscle. Switched over to MFP because I got a Garmin vivosmart HR to help motivate me to keep exercising.

Just wanted to say 'Hi' and to tell all those who are starting your weight loss journey that you can do it! :smile:

Replies

• JennylovesKarl
    JennylovesKarl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think if you research progressive lifting (stronglifts 5x5 is one) on here and eating more - you'll hit that goal of 12%. Not that I'm there as I just started doing this (after cardio and restricting calories), but I look a the tone and healthy bodies on here (not skinny fat) and they all do this! Just an FYI :)
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think if you research progressive lifting (stronglifts 5x5 is one) on here and eating more - you'll hit that goal of 12%. Not that I'm there as I just started doing this (after cardio and restricting calories), but I look a the tone and healthy bodies on here (not skinny fat) and they all do this! Just an FYI :)

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
  • SkunkOnARug
    SkunkOnARug Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Good luck to you.