Creepy guys/girls staring at you while working out?

Options
I live in Arizona, so there is NO way in heck I'm running outside. As of right now, the temperature's pretty cool today - 101 degrees. I work out in my apartment complex's gym. There's a big, wall window in front of the treadmill with a scenic view of the golf course, some trees, and pond.
Alright, so I was just working out about forty minutes ago, finishing up (horribly) week 6, day 3 of C25K in the gym, when all the sudden I see a guy from the window come walking out of nowhere. I didn't have my contacts in, but it looked like he was talking on the phone at first. He walked around a tree and hid behind it, but then peeked out, looking at me. He started making all of these hand motions then walked from the tree and towards the tiny brick wall that separates the complex from the golf course, all while looking at me sketchily back and forth. After looking at me again, he jumped over the brick wall (it's, like, one foot tall) and ran away. I was running at 6.5 MPH and I was a freaked out, so I didn't want to look behind me, but there are mirrors around the gym (it's really tiny), and with my peripheral, I SWEAR I saw someone standing by the door watching me. After a few minutes, I got off the treadmill and started my strength workout. Walking to my apartment, I have to say I was a little paranoid.

So, do you have any workout stories with any creepiness factors?

Replies

• onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    WVifL68.gif
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options
    Grazie!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Your next workout, your attire should be something like this.....

sexy-girl-with-gun.jpg
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    wear more clothes, guys notice when your half naked working out.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Just fart a good protein fart. Keeps the creepers at bay.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

True!

but like the other guy said. Don't dress for attention. I don't care if the outfit is "cute" or makes you look "cute" shut up. It's time to workout not go out. Dress like you crawled out of a dumpster you're sweating there's a chance you'll smell like you did crawl out of one if workout hard enough. Don't want the attention counter it with dressing down not up.
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options
    I was wearing an old club t-shirt from middle school and saggy basketball shorts. The only thing provocative about me were my watermelon nikes. Hmm, should I have been wearing a parka?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrty8hERub1qhtrlj.gif
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    I was wearing an old club t-shirt from middle school and saggy basketball shorts. The only thing provocative about me were my watermelon nikes. Hmm, should I have been wearing a parka?

Yes.

No ... seriously though if it's that bad of an issue talk to the manager of the gym about it.
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options

True!

but like the other guy said. Don't dress for attention. I don't care if the outfit is "cute" or makes you look "cute" shut up. It's time to workout not go out. Dress like you crawled out of a dumpster you're sweating there's a chance you'll smell like you did crawl out of one if workout hard enough. Don't want the attention counter it with dressing down not up.

I didn't think I had to add this, but I was literally dripping in sweat. I mean, I was working out. My hair, underarms, and back were drenched.

Honestly, I could have not been less put together, but my question was not on my workout attire. Maybe you should reread the question or get off the topic.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrty8hERub1qhtrlj.gif

stop following me! go away!!!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options

True!

I didn't think I had to add this, but I was literally dripping in sweat. I mean, I was working out. My hair, underarms, and back were drenched.

Honestly, I could have not been less put together, but my question was not on my workout attire. Maybe you should reread the question or get off the topic.

As I said before you got in a fancy ... if it is that big of an issue talk to the gym manager. In most cases this happens because of how someone is dressed. As I said If this is NOT the case talk to the gym manager. If that is not helpful if possible look into another fitness club or an alternate time to attend the gym.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options

Creepers gonna creep no matter what you are wearing. Carry mace. Next time he shows up, ask him if there is something he needs then SPRAY HIM LIKE A SKUNK.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options

Creepers gonna creep no matter what you are wearing. Carry mace. Next time he shows up, ask him if there is something he needs then SPRAY HIM LIKE A SKUNK.

^^ or this just be sure to place a good kick or three as well
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    spagett-creep-o.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

sometimes, less is more.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've heard that talking to the gym manager can fix the situation. If other women have complained as well, even better chances that he'll get the boot! Sorry you have to deal with that :/
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

True!

so your saying there is such a smell as "dumpster goddess" and a look "dumpster sheek"
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options

True!

As I said before you got in a fancy ... if it is that big of an issue talk to the gym manager. In most cases this happens because of how someone is dressed. As I said If this is NOT the case talk to the gym manager. If that is not helpful if possible look into another fitness club or an alternate time to attend the gym.

I wrote the last reply before I saw your other reply (if that's confusing enough?). Thanks, I hope it doesn't become an issue or else I will most definitely go to a different gym.