Veggie only smoothie ideas?

Options
I bought a smoothie maker, totally spontaneously as it was on sale...... And just made the most disgusting veggie smoothie you've ever tasted. It was literally like drinking something that I had already eaten a few hours previously

Replies

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Veggies only is kind of tough, because you're not going to get a lot of sweetness to balance out the bitterness from the vegetables.

You can try mixing mild vegetables together, like spinach+cucumber+celery+ginger, but even a little bit of lemon in that would probably balance the flavors better.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks. Will give that a go. I'm ok with adding avocado in, (if I have the calories left) or lemon, I just don't want to start adding things like apple, or melon or whatever. Hmmm. I will have to experiment a bit haha.
    I did finish my smoothie and I kinda got used to the taste by the end, but my goodness it wasn't a pleasant experience Hahahaha. But I feel good i got in my veggies for the day!
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Google dr oz veggie smoothies he has the best recipes. I once did his 3 day Smoothie detox it is amazing. It's God to use coconut water for veggie smothies
  • louisepaul16
    Options
    Google dr oz veggie smoothies he has the best recipes. I once did his 3 day Smoothie detox it is amazing. It's God to use coconut water for veggie smothies

Thanks. I will do! :)

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I use cacao powder to make my veggie smoothies delicious. It is not super sweet, so you will have to get used to it, but it does give it a slight chocolate taste. Just 1 tbsp can overpower a lot of greens! And it's not that many calories. It's very good for you as well.
  • louisepaul16
    Options
    Great idea thanks!!

I made one today that wasn't terrible!! (Yesterday's was absolutely disgusting!) with spinach, fennel, which I normally hate, zucchini, and a small pot of organic plain yogurt. I could drink that again!!

I'm really trying to up my veggie intake and this seems like a simple, easy way to do that, as I can never be bothered to prepare them well haha.