Ben_there_done_that
Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
edited June 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I have a fairly set schedule.
Monday - Chest/Triceps
Tuesday - Back/Biceps
Wednesday - Shoulders/Forearms
Thursday - Legs

By the time Friday rolls around, I'm like "now what?" I've been throwing in whatever crossfit WoD looks interesting at the moment, but does anyone have any good ideas? I'm trying to maintain or gain, so I've been limiting my cardio.

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do an Arm day and put bi's and tri's together, then leg day, chest day, back day, and shoulders. You can put a rest day or leg day in between your arms and another day so your not pushing or pulling two days in a row.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    *you're
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What do you normally do? I can;t even imagine not knowing the day before what my routine is for the next day. I have to eat for it, hydrate for it and better yet know what IT is.. And day after legs, would an easier workout if you worked your legs like I do on leg day..

I am going to say put things on some paper.. throw it up in the air and let it drop to the floor. Pick up one and that is what you do..
  • crackjawMMA
    crackjawMMA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The GOAT Arnold Schwarzenegger would train opposing (push-pull) muscle groups on the same day. He said he would get the max benefit that way. That's what worked for HIM it may not work for everyone but I'd say he knows his stuff.
    Do chest and back on Friday.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    You could hit abs hard on Friday and do a full body (high rep/low weight) workout to really get the muscles activated and the blood flowing.
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    I have a fairly set schedule.
    Monday - Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday - Back/Biceps
    Wednesday - Shoulders/Forearms
    Thursday - Legs

By the time Friday rolls around, I'm like "now what?" I've been throwing in whatever crossfit WoD looks interesting at the moment, but does anyone have any good ideas? I'm trying to maintain or gain, so I've been limiting my cardio.

A longer workout sesh, full-body style would be good. Hitting muscle groups at least twice a week helps tremendously IMO. Then rest up over the weekend.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. Thanks.