Stomach virus :(

Hello, I have been using MFP for about 6 months and slowly but steadily losing weight averaging 1400 calories per day. I am very happy with my progress.

This week, I have been suffering from a nasty stomach virus. For over two days, I could not eat anything...even water was not staying down. Today, Day 3, I have had some soup and crackers and that seems to be okay, but I'm not going to push it.

My question is...once I am back to eating normally, should I carry on with my 1400 calories as if nothing happened, or should I up my calories for a few days to make up for the 2+ days of not eating?

I tend to keep track of a weekly calorie goal, rather than a daily one and my total for this week is obviously going to be way lower than normal. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    I would eat more if I felt hungry but I wouldn't try to make up for those days by making myself eat more if I didn't feel hungry.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Just continue onto those 1400 calories. You might find that it will take you a while just to get back to that as your stomach recovers.