Upset with myself but can't stay on track

Options
Hi all, I'm hoping to get some help to motivate myself. I keep sabotaging myself and I don't know why. Every morning I resolve to stay on track, and by the afternoon, I've gone completely off the rails. It's a vicious cycle. I get down on myself, then eat crap as comfort food. Then end up feeling even worse. Does anybody have any ideas on how to deal with this? Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    well why do you go off track? Are you not eating enough in the morning then feeling starving in the afternoon? Have you tried pre-planning your meals, the whole day to see what it looks like? Are you eating enough protien? Do you have a few snacks tucked away just in case? Do you have a list of good snacks to turn too when hungry?
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same place. I was doing really well for awhile - about 3 months and for the last two months, I've been rapidly returning to my old habits. I've gained back four pounds.

For me, I'm just bored with the routine and having to plan out foods, make lunches, log everything. It gets tedious. However, I'm slowly coming to the realization that I can have the tedious planning, measuring, logging and lose the weight or I can eat what I want, not track and go back to where I was.

Be patient with yourself - if this was easy, we would all be the perfect weight and healthy! You'll get there!
  • missfabulous_1
    missfabulous_1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well put, go buy healthy snacks and make snack bags for work or home. If your eating out of boredom or habit take up coloring in adult coloring books, knitting, walking, or cleaning g. Find another way to stay busy. Take photos of yourself partially undressed weekly to see your results. No remarkable results will be seen til you get to the15-20 lb mark but that won't take long. You can have one cheat day every week or two but don't go insane. Will power and staying busy and lots of healthy snacks will help you a lot. Water or water with crystal light or green tea all good choices. The more you drink the fuller you feel and it flushes your body of toxins.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Make sure breakfast has lots of protein.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    All good advice, get the bad food out of the house.

Track the calories of the bad food. I know you won't want to because you know it's bad, but it will give you the dose of reality. You don't have to be perfect, you don't even have to stay on track, all you gotta do is keep going the right direction.
  • jaxsonp74
    jaxsonp74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm slowly getting there.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am going thru the same thing right now. On and off since i was a teen actually. I am gonna add you as a friend. I am currently on day 1 of being on track (for the 30th day in a row)... Start off motivated then end up overeating.. Binging.. Feeling worse... Etc then do the same thing again the next day.. Ugh i am so frustrated...
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is me. I find is so hard to stay on track especially when my students bring in munchkins and cupcakes
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Motivation, I find, diminishes when we see "perceived perfection" in others, while in the presence of such things is incredibly demotivating/depressing to some (maybe you as well ?), we'll ultimately feel at "our best" when we're achieving our goals, and we should strive to achieve them because... to be the best...we can. :)