One month HCLF vegan!

Options
It's been one month since I've switched to a whole food, plant based diet. I was inspired by a couple YouTubers including Freelee and The Vegan Couple. After watching Forks Over Knives, reading Whole, The China Study, and How Not To Die, I know that I will never go back to eating animal products. Before this, I never realized that the diet we've been told was healthy and natural, is actually a lie. I feel great on this diet and I love the foods that I've been introduced to in the last month. I never feel guilty after a satisfactory meal like I sometimes would before. I've lost 2/3 pounds since going vegan and almost 10 in total since I stopped eating meat 3 months ago. I feel energized and healthy and I wish more people would give this lifestyle a try! ;)

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Non vegan isn't unhealthy....it's awesome it works for you, but not for everyone! In terms of animal rights it may be unhealthy, but not being a vegan doesn't mean your unhealthy or that we were lied to. I'm glad you enjoy it though(:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP If i were you I'd raise my standards slightly higher than Freelee :wink:

I have a lot of respect for vegans, as personally I couldn't do it, and seems like a lot of work. I am an animal lover and I do struggle with the thought of eating meat, and what these poor animals have to go through to feed us humans.
    I could probably do vegetarian, but vegan would be very difficult, as animal products are in so many things.

So Kudos to you OP :smile:
  • teatumbles
    teatumbles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OP If i were you I'd raise my standards slightly higher than Freelee :wink:

I have a lot of respect for vegans, as personally I couldn't do it, and seems like a lot of work. I am an animal lover and I do struggle with the thought of eating meat, and what these poor animals have to go through to feed us humans.
    I could probably do vegetarian, but vegan would be very difficult, as animal products are in so many things.

So Kudos to you OP :smile:

Yeah, I don't necessarily listen to everything Freelee says. She does have good intentions though. She just inspired me to learn more about the lifestyle.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    freelee gives vegans a bad name and she makes it ok to be a judgmental rude and seemingly unintelligent person. The beauty of being human is we all have our own belifes, thoughts, and opinions and they should be respected. Good intentions or not she is out of line and in my person opinion does things for shock value. She seems passionate because he is "blunt" and attacks people. You also probably wont find many supporters of her on here haha.

im an on and off vegetarian who will eventually go vegan while my husband never will. Good on you for making a choice that you believe in! if you feel good then yay!