MFP and Fitbit have different calorie goals for me

Options
Apologies if this is a constant topic, but I notice my MFP calorie in/out information does not match with my Fitbit One's calories in/out information.

I have only been going off what MFP says after Fitbit syncs it's exercise stats.

Should they align the same though, considering I have submitted the same body stats to both apps?

Thanks in advance for any insights, and for helping a newbie.

Replies

• Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You can change your calorie goal manually on MFP (Settings-goals-calories and macronutrients)and I assume on Fitbit. You need to decide who to go with. On MFP you can also decide to turn on or off your exercise calories (settings-goals-exercise). MFP has the pesky habit of deciding for itself how many calories you should be eating so you do sometimes have to go back and re-set your goal. But remember if you are losing a lot of weight it may (relatively) sensibly be advising you to reduce your calorie intake as you get lighter, in order to maintain the same rate of loss.
  • LittleSharrie
    LittleSharrie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    You can change your calorie goal manually on MFP (Settings-goals-calories and macronutrients)and I assume on Fitbit. You need to decide who to go with. On MFP you can also decide to turn on or off your exercise calories (settings-goals-exercise). MFP has the pesky habit of deciding for itself how many calories you should be eating so you do sometimes have to go back and re-set your goal. But remember if you are losing a lot of weight it may (relatively) sensibly be advising you to reduce your calorie intake as you get lighter, in order to maintain the same rate of loss.

Thank you for this! I will play with the settings and see how it goes long term :smile:
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have always followed Fitbit especially with the exercise calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Mine were never the same. I just use the MFP goal.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I follow MFP for calories in/food and Fitbit for exercise/calories out.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Should they align the same though, considering I have submitted the same body stats to both apps?

No, they use different equations. Like Christine above I take the Fitbit positive adjustment on board to represent activity over my MFP sedentary setting but enter food and look at goals on here rather than Fitbit.com or in their app.