Lower back pain?

Options
Hi! can anyone recommend some exercises to rid myself of lower back pain from that time of the month? I have an elliptical, a set of weights with plates, and a yoga mat at home. No gym membership. Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This saved my back: Lay on the floor, on your back, with your feet straight and your arms by your side. Raise your left leg and with your right hand grab your left knee and pull it toward your right chest. Hold that position for 20 seconds. Release and return to the initial position. Raise your right leg and with your left hand pull your right knee toward your left chest. Hold that position for 20 seconds. Do this 3 times. Do those 3 sets once a day as often as you have lower back pain.

When I needed it, that exercise worked to relieve the muscle tightness of my lower back. Some times, I'd need to do it for 2 or 3 days in a row. I haven't needed it in 10+ years.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You seem to have this time of the month side effect more intense than I predict most do. I would not exercise the actual back during this time, this normal inflammation and swelling and subsides of course over a few days... unless it is something else entirely.

Going for a walk and taking anti inflammatory meds and perhaps a heating pad on the back (or moist heat)j ust like you would cramping in the lower stomach.