Finally motivated and nice to meet y'all

Options
Smurfe04
Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
Hi, my name is Steve and I live in Southeast Louisiana between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I have been a member of MyFitnessPal for probably 5 years but never opened the app or website until a couple weeks ago. I finally opened the site a couple weeks ago and looked it over to understand it. I had made the decision I am going to get off the couch and do something. I have started tracking my food and drink intake and have started walking on average 3 miles a night after dinner.

I need to lose at least 100 pounds and have set a goal of at least 75% of that. I am a 54-year-old male that is 5'6" who weighed in at 260 pounds. I am quite sedentary with an office job the past 3 years in which I gained around 40 pounds since moving into the office environment. As you might imagine, I live in a food culture area and it makes it very very tough to stay motivated. I have gained 80 of those 260 pounds since I moved to Louisiana in 1999. Besides the food intake, I really ballooned when I quit smoking. I still vape but am working off getting away from that as well. So far I have been lucky that I have not developed diabetes or hypertension yet.

I think I will stop there as I can ramble on and on but I will leave that for coming conversations. Nice to meet y'all and I look forward to gaining some "loser" friends on my journey back to a fit and healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• TeeboFit2
    TeeboFit2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve I'm Scott. 58 and looking to get back into MFP. Add me if your still looking for motivation....
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I remember looking at the scale and knowing I needed to lose 100 pounds. To put it mildly, my weight has been a roller coaster ride since I had my first child, almost 26 years ago. Now, at the age of 47 I'm not only using MFP but I'm also using the Couch to 5k app and running about 3-4 times per week. I WANT to lose 60 more pounds. Realistically, I only need to lose about 35-40 more pounds. You can do it!!